I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
20 Year Anniversary
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 07, 2021 09:30AM

20 years ago today this forum appeared online. In the ensuing years it has continued to grow and improve. As of today, there are 13,143 registered users, over 8,200 of which have been active (logged in) within the past 3 months. The forum contains 514,774 posts, all of which remain archived and can be accessed with the search feature.

The Photo Page followed shortly afterward and remains the largest repository of custom rod photos anywhere in the world. There are 19,814 photos in the database. The photo page has received just over 51 MILLION views to date.

Hard to say that it'll last another 20 years but for now, it's as strong as ever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 20 Year Anniversary
Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 07, 2021 11:16AM

Congratulations!
Norm

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 07, 2021 11:21AM

Happy 20th Anniversary hoping for another long stretch.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: June 07, 2021 12:43PM

It's an amazing accomplishment and an incredible amount of work and dedication is what it takes to have a thriving forum that lasts as long as this one has . One of the most impressive things about it is Tom is busy with many other things outside this forum like his magazine and writing/ updating books . Can't believe he actually has time to fish .

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.212.40.162.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 07, 2021 02:54PM

Two decades of success is a @#$%& of an accomplishment. Congrats.

Posted by: David Luttig (---)
Date: June 07, 2021 03:04PM

I love this site. So much information and everyone is willing to share their helpful tips and tricks!
Thanks,
Dave

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: June 07, 2021 03:46PM

Well done Tom.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: June 07, 2021 03:58PM

Tom,
Congratulations and commandments plus a simple yet huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 07, 2021 05:19PM

Thank you for this valuable site and for administering to it.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 07, 2021 05:19PM

Good Job

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: June 07, 2021 06:18PM

Tom,
Excuse me, that should have been “commendments”, “not commandments”. Dang spell check. lol

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 07, 2021 07:11PM

This site has been a constant source of enjoyment for me since I found it. I have friends now I would never have had otherwise, even if I've never met most of them in person. I can always find an answer to my questions, whether by asking, or looking back thru past posts. Tom, I'm in your debt. Thank you.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: June 07, 2021 07:20PM

Great Job Tom , wish you another 20 tears, at lots of good information here

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.cust.tzulo.com)
Date: June 07, 2021 08:14PM

I have been posting here for all these twenty years. There have been some regional message boards over the years that I think were almost as popular but most did not last very long. Facebook seems to have done most of the forum type sites in lately but this one just seems to keep going and going and going. Good people, good information and none of the personal stuff that did in so many forums over the years. This one always had the right recipe for success.

Posted by: Mark B. Gonsalves (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 07, 2021 11:19PM

Congratulations Tom and rodbuilding.org,

Posted by: John McCleish (---.esvabroadband.net)
Date: June 08, 2021 06:32AM

And as busy as Tom is, he makes sure everybody on this site is courteous, respectful, and civil to each other.
In this day and age, that is an accomplishment above all others. Mac.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 08, 2021 09:32AM

Appreciation from American Tackle for allowing businesses a place to connect with enthusiasts....

In my opinion, it is difficult for a small business to effectively reach unique niche interest groups. Likewise, I think it equally important for enthusiasts to have a location to learn, share, and interact with businesses directly associated their interests. While other social media sources can provide similar services, they offer too little structure by the way of rules and guidelines so along with other associated distractions, there’s a loss of focus on rod building specifics. This forum has definitely stood the test of time and continues to be a valuable resource for both builders and rod building businesses.

Thank you Tom Kirkman!

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: June 08, 2021 02:11PM

Thank you for allowing a beginner like me to enlarge his knowledge throught personal experiences!!!

Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: June 08, 2021 03:06PM

Sure appreciate all the time and effort. Hope it was and continues to be rewarding and enjoyable for you, Tom.
Gary

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 08, 2021 05:36PM

Dang! Awesome mag from a great guy, and RBO just might outlast me if it lasts another 20 years - we'll see...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster