I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: bad fly rod blank?
Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: May 29, 2021 09:15PM

I have been 100% convinced that Phil has been pulling all our legs from the very beginning with this stuff , there's just no way he could be serious imo . Phil has been fly fishing all his life and has repeatedly said he can put a fly or whatever he happens to attach to the end of his tippet anywhere he wants out to 60 feet or beyond , Sometimes it takes looking back at comments made long ago to figure out how we got to this point and he's definitely taking us for a ride , this stuff is just way way too elementary . He's brilliant in his ability to sound like he's serious though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 29, 2021 09:33PM

The rod tip moves a lot farther in response to the fisherman's arm than does the tip of the broomstick. Because it bends, storing then releasing energy and doing a much better job of casting a line or lure than the broomstick. It was mentioned only to illustrate (or try to) that the rod stores and releases energy. All of it provided by the fisherman.

Posted by: John DeMartini (---)
Date: May 29, 2021 10:36PM

Michael, I agree,

I tried to illustrate how the laws of physics apply. Because the rod flexes (transfer of energy) it allows greater displacement of the tip and imposes an extremely higher acceleration rate to the line and the lure than the broom does. All of this as you said "is provided by the fisherman".

Date: May 29, 2021 10:40PM

"It was mentioned only to illustrate (or try to) that the rod stores and releases energy. All of it provided by the fisherman"

Provided by the fisherman IF the fisherman is capable of controlling and effectively utilizing what the rod is fully capable of and in many instances that's not the case . Anglers have had a tendency to lay blame on the actual equipment and not even take into consideration that they themselves are the problem . I don't believe for a second this is the case with Phil he knows exactly what he's doing and truly enjoys toying with us .

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 29, 2021 10:40PM

Chris, it is even more precious when Phil wants to talk about "sensitivity".

Just in case you didn't know.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: May 29, 2021 10:44PM

Oh God not the sensitivity stuff again , Phil , please let it go , let it go !!!!

Posted by: John DeMartini (---)
Date: May 29, 2021 11:59PM

Another OPERA "LE OPINION"

Good luck Guys. I'm going fishing.

Posted by: Mark Brassett (---)
Date: May 30, 2021 09:38AM

Someone needs to take an online physics class.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: May 30, 2021 11:42AM

I am composing a letter to the U.S. Navy suggesting instead of a catapult to launch (push) their aircraft on takeoff they put a big spring-arm at the stern of the ship and tie a rope from the spring-arm to the tail of the airplane. Pull the spring-arm back and cock it, and at the moment of take-off release the spring arm! The stored energy of the spring-arm will push the rope and the rope will push the airplane into the air!

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---)
Date: June 07, 2021 08:16AM

I don't build on Sage blanks for my own use - I go TFO. I don't push on my line when I double-haul, I pull on the line, and I release it BEFORE my rod starts to unbend and release its stored energy. Try waiting for your rod to stop pulling your line before you release the line - so it can release all its stored energy and push your line farther.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster