I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thrasher Rod Blanks
Posted by: Joel Babin (98.39.46.---)
Date: May 25, 2021 09:22AM

Has anyone built on the Magic Wands or Steadfast Thrasher blanks? Was considering ordering a BSC7807 for a punch rod.

Looks like their overall rod NDA is offshore, however they may have consulted with Rich Forhan on some builds using the magic wants (composite blanks). Also found this quote interesting "Our ties to Brad Loomis & Shikari puts a little DNA of the past in everyone of our blanks!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thrasher Rod Blanks
Posted by: Kent Griffith (---)
Date: May 25, 2021 09:37AM

Joel Babin Wrote:

> Also found this quote interesting "Our
> ties to Brad Loomis & Shikari puts a little DNA of
> the past in everyone of our blanks!"

Where are these rod blanks made? In USA or...?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 25, 2021 09:49AM

USA.

Posted by: Dan Hoehn (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 25, 2021 09:54AM

No experience with those particular blanks, but have built 30+ rods on Thrasher Blanks. They are built in the USA and Jason the owner is a standup guy. I have been thoroughly impressed with Thrasher and built everything from light saltwater to tuna rods.

Posted by: Joel Babin (98.39.46.---)
Date: May 25, 2021 10:57AM

It takes a little digging around, but those who have used Thrasher have been pleased. I don't think Jason is looking to conquer the blank industry, but rather focus on quality and maintain USA production.

Posted by: Josh Geforos (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: May 26, 2021 01:34AM

I have gotten great feedback about my Thrasher builds, and Jason has top notch personal customer service. USA made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2021 01:35AM by Josh Geforos.

Posted by: Trevor Esparza (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: May 27, 2021 08:27PM

I've built some of the Steadfast line from Thrasher and have been pleased with them. I will be ordering some Magic wands to build for myself when time permits. Jason is active in the communites and not hard to get a hold of if you have questions or concerns.

Posted by: Danny Smith (---)
Date: May 28, 2021 05:37PM

I just built a jigging rod on the HTR 6' blank. I am extremely pleased with how it fishes. I am in the process of building a second one on the same blank.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ip-167-114-102.net)
Date: May 31, 2021 02:13PM

The one place Thrasher is not active is on this site and it was the magazine that really pushed his product with the Magic Wand series for over a year. Seems like he would want to interact with rod builders here. Is a sponsorship here a lot of money???

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 31, 2021 05:32PM

No, it's less than $32 per month. The biggest bang for the buck in the entire rod building world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster