I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Geeks Fly blanks
Posted by: Daniel Kerr (---)
Date: May 10, 2021 04:09PM

Has anyone used a Rod Geeks fly blank. I'm thinking about doing an 8wt for redfish and a 12wt for tarpon. Looking for feedback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 04:14PM by Daniel Kerr.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Geeks Fly blanks
Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: May 10, 2021 06:21PM

Posted by: Todd Andrizzi (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: May 10, 2021 07:22PM

I have built 3 fly rods on rod geeks carbon 4 blanks. Two were 3 wts. one was an 8' 5wt. I love the 5wt. the 3 was seem too soft to me. I would not order colors again. I don't think the paint is very good. The 5wt is just natural and it's one of my favorite rods. Price is not bad either.

Posted by: Stan Vogel (---)
Date: May 11, 2021 03:44AM

I just finished a 9' 5wt, natural finish. Very nice rod.

I have wrapped several painted spinning rods and everyone loves em. Carbon 2 and 4, both nice rods.

Posted by: Ed Kramer (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 12, 2021 08:30AM

Built their C4F908.4 and use it for bonefish. It is my go to rod for this fish. Very fast. Mine CC'd at 75 degrees and 225 grams. More like a 9 weight. Their customer service is very good. I broke a tip and they were very helpful in replacing the tip. I agree with the no paint option. I've built other blanks of theirs that were painted. Quality of paint was fine, but the paint does slow the action.

Posted by: Torin Koski (---)
Date: May 19, 2021 09:38PM

Just built a 9' 6wt 4pc on their copper blank. The AA = 68; ERN = 6.76. The copper finish is gorgeous!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: May 21, 2021 10:23AM

Paint on a blank is for ornamentation: it provides only a truly tiny bit of protection. A thin coat of paint on a blank slows its action to a small degree. It boils down to whether you most value appearance or function - and how obsessive you are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster