I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sports team decals
Posted by: Scott Dacey (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 01, 2021 10:34AM

As mentioned above, I have a customer who wants me to build a rod for her husband for fathers day. He's an Atlanta Falcons fan. I have seen sports decals somewhere but for the life of me can't find them. i've tried all the usual suspects, Mud hole, Get bit, Decal connection and even a new site called Custom Rod Components (CRC). If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Scott D.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sports team decals
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: May 01, 2021 11:12AM

Depends on size, I bet you could find fingernail decals. Just look under decals on internets sites for other sizes.

Date: May 01, 2021 11:17AM

Spencer Phipps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Depends on size, I bet you could find fingernail
> decals. Just look under decals on internets sites
> for other sizes.

I did. I searched "Sports decals fishing rods" came up with mostly fish decals. But I didn't try @#$%&. I think thats my next shot. Thanks for answering!

Scott D.

Posted by: Daniel Kerr (---)
Date: May 01, 2021 11:18AM

I found the NFL Mini Decals worked well but they are not that mini, 1" to 1 1/2". I've done offshore rods for 3 different teams and they worked great. Whatever you go with do a tester first and you should probably use thread sealer.

Date: May 01, 2021 11:27AM

Daniel Kerr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I found the NFL Mini Decals worked well but they
> are not that mini, 1" to 1 1/2". I've done
> offshore rods for 3 different teams and they
> worked great. Whatever you go with do a tester
> first and you should probably use thread sealer.

I'm surprised this has become more of a chore trying to find a decal. I know I've seen them advertised. Military and sports teams. I've never done a decal aside from an abolone inlay but I've read and watched videos about it. I think using a test decal first is a good idea. Thanks!

Scott D.

PS: I'm not a sports fan. Who the F@%&k are the Atlanta Falcons anyway? LOL!

Posted by: Joseph Willsen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 03, 2021 04:23PM

Most pro teams have vinyl "eye black" stickers fans might wear to a game. I have built a few rods using the logos from these stickers under a coat or 2 of CP before applying epoxy. Worked for me.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 04:24PM by Joseph Willsen.

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.paw.cpe.atlanticbb.net)
Date: May 04, 2021 04:44PM

I have used finger nail decals for Steelers and Penguins themed rods. I found them on a website / @#$%& seller called Etsy. Mudhole does offer sports team decals but they are college team decals. Search finger nail decals or tattoos.

Rog

Date: June 14, 2021 04:59PM

Sorry that I didn't get back to this for awhile. Thanks all for the replies. I found finger nail decals for the Atlanta Falcons. I understand that using CP over the decal and before the epoxy is the way to go. Thanks again for the replies.

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster