I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC
Posted by: Randy Hively (50.110.9.---)
Date: April 28, 2021 11:58AM

I have made it a habit of when using the sponsors on the left I do so by going to their website through this page. I was thinking that maybe they could tell if their sponsorship was getting noticed. Anyway, I noticed that NFC is no longer a sponsor. That makes me sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 28, 2021 12:12PM

I am also sorry they are no longer a sponsor.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: April 28, 2021 12:34PM

I have noticed a number of posts taking issue with their long lead-time; maybe they took exception. Although I have not personally built on a NFC blank, many of you speak very highly of them and it is unfortunate they are no longer a sponsor.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: April 28, 2021 12:58PM

I have learned to not always fear the worst when something confronts you , think about other reasons why you may not see NFC on the sponsor list like just forgetting to renew for instance . They do seem to always be very very busy and not always responding in a timely fashion. Maybe they did decide to stop being a sponsor but I'm hoping it's an oversight because Aleks did say a while back that in the coming months NFC will be making some major announcements about a possible new blank series and expansions to the X RAY blanks.

Wrong name (Corrected)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2021 01:10PM by chris c nash.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: April 28, 2021 04:21PM

My last order from NFC arrived in less than a week from the date that the order was placed.

Posted by: Todd Andrizzi (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: April 28, 2021 05:07PM

I have also had quick arrival time when ordering from NFC. I have built on half a dozen.

Posted by: Ray Raff (---.customer.broadstripe.net)
Date: April 28, 2021 08:57PM

Normally don't talk bad about companies but the crap edge rod's pulled on me made never want to do business with edge/NFC again. I don't care if the blank was rolled on the thigh's of loomis himself.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 28, 2021 09:01PM

I'm no detective , but as I see it there are only 2 people who can provide an answer.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2021 09:07PM

The vast majority of sponsors to this forum stay with us for years. Some have been here for 20 years now. They benefit from being here and stay put. A very small handful do not renew for reasons of their own. I can only suspect that they did not feel they received appropriate benefit for the cost of a sponsorship (although it's not much at all). But other than sending them a reminder, I don't pressure them nor inquire as to why they chose not to renew. That's their business and I respect their decision. I wouldn't attempt to read too much into it particularly with so many advertising and marketing options available today.

Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: April 28, 2021 10:24PM

I personally feel the benefits of being listed as a sponsor far far outweigh any negativity a business may receive from having their name listed on the forum . I can't even tell you how many times when I was looking into making a purchase of rod building supplies or blanks the first thing I would always do is scan slowly through all the businesses listed on the left hand side of this forums main page . It's become a routine & there is no question that those listed businesses are the ones I do business with & will continue to do business with .

I'm no spring chicken anymore and if somethings not right in front of me I will often forget and overlook other businesses .

I would strongly encourage all businesses involved in the fishing and rod building industry to seriously consider becoming a sponsor , this forum is very very highly regarded from anglers and builders all over the world and is referred to repeatedly . It's the smart thing to do.

Posted by: Aaron Petersen (12.144.64.---)
Date: April 29, 2021 01:43PM

I am beginning to think they are getting effected by the Washington shutdowns. I have an order that is 7 weeks old and still pending. The last three orders prior were at my door all the way across the country in two weeks.

Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---)
Date: April 29, 2021 02:31PM

My last order was a 2 weeks ago. 5 days from order to received. But I've never had long wait times in the past. I did however receive an email forewarning me about rising cost of materials.

Posted by: Aaron Petersen (12.144.64.---)
Date: April 29, 2021 04:09PM

I contacted NFC and it is waiting on a 1KEFX to be fulfilled. They responded very quickly. They are waiting to ship the entire order together. Will be in within a week. I wasn't aware of the backorder because the order never updated with notes of backorder.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---)
Date: April 29, 2021 04:58PM

I wonder what percentage of NFC or Rodgeeks blanks go to builders versus rod making companies. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are of little consequence dollars wise.

Now for the small companies that sell things like decals or stabilized reel seat inserts we might constitute the bulk of their sales.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 29, 2021 09:01PM

The business model of NFC is great for rod builders. We can get one of the best blanks made at a fraction of the cost of retail. They are American made but in an area where business enterprises are overburdened with government interference. For whatever reason they have left the sponsorship I hope it is not an indication of a greater problem. If more companies operated like this we would all benefit as rod builders. I guess that's a little selfish. Prior to NFC we had G Loomis, and we know what happened there after Shimano bought them.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 29, 2021 10:55PM

My experience with them seems to be, if they have it in stock, it ships quickly, if not you wait for a production run. I have never waited more than 2 weeks. I also had very prompt service on a complaint I made in error. They handled it wonderfully.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (50.106.20.---)
Date: May 23, 2021 12:59PM

Randy, All,

I got an email from one of our customers about the missing link - and after some checking - the renewal notices went into a spam folder. The link should be back up sometime today.

Thanks,
Aleks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster