I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gudebrod Thread... What you looking for??
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2021 03:31AM

Ok looking to give back as a thank you for a lot of help I have received from this website. I have been doing some cleaning. I have a fair amount of thread that I just am not going to use. I know there are a lot of folks looking for Gudebrod. I have a fair amount. Mostly metallics some regular thread. Lot of size D some of the trimar some A some of the metalllic braid. Mostly full spools or nearly full.Now I don't want to just offer this up to end up in someone else's pile of maybe I will use it some day. As such I am not saying what I got. Let me know what your looking for. If I got I will send it to you. No charge. See how this goes I also have other brands that need a home too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gudebrod Thread... What you looking for??
Posted by: Todd Andrizzi (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: April 07, 2021 10:44AM

I don't need any but just want to say that for sure sound like a good and grateful dude. Having an "attitude of gratitude" is allegedly where happiness comes from. Strong work Michael!

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: April 07, 2021 12:27PM

I could really use HT9002 in A if you have it. Please just tell me how much I need to send and where

Date: April 07, 2021 01:28PM

To be clear not selling or fishing for a sale. Don't want to have this post deleted. I got extra I am not going to use want to pass it on to some one that has a need. So ANYONE looking for a certain color because you need to match something or it was a favorite that you would like to to use again please post a color and size color number if you know it. If I got it I will send it to you no charge.

Thomas I have a partial spool of the 9002 A . Near full, would of just used it for small trim wraps on a couple rods. It like all my thread has been stored dry and dust free. Send me an email with your info and I will mail it out to you.

Posted by: Mark B. Gonsalves (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: April 07, 2021 01:38PM

206 Garnet. A, C, and D. No NCP.

Date: April 07, 2021 01:57PM

Mark I got a full spool of D. Email me your info.

Posted by: Mark B. Gonsalves (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: April 07, 2021 02:17PM

That's awesome Michael. Mahalo Nui Loa from Hawaii.

Date: April 07, 2021 04:27PM

I know you aren’t looking for money as you stated, Howe if I can help in any way please let me know. Refer to email I sent for more specifics.

Thanks
Tom

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: April 08, 2021 12:11AM

Michael,
You are obviously a very generous man and are to be commended. Even those of us not in the need thank you!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 08, 2021 11:19AM

Gee, I don't want to seem greedy. Haven't been in the game for awhile due to an injury. Just got a bunch of NFC blanks. Hated the last brand thread I tried and haven't found something I like. Might as well post my wish list and see how it goes.

Top of the list would be 9004 Ole Gold and 9002 Silver. Then 0206 Garnet and 0468 Purple. Then 0001 Black and 0002 White NCP.

BTW guys, what is you go to brand for metallic thread? I use it for under wraps on offshore rods so I go through a lot of it. I hate the stuff that is wiry and breaks when you try to pull it through. Not interested in anything that requires CP.

Michael, thanks for what you are doing. The altruistic nature of the members here renews my hope for mankind on a daily basis. There are so many places where people hide behind monikers and act truly ugly.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: April 08, 2021 02:41PM

Russ email your info. I got a near full spool of size D 468. Wrapped one casting rod just guides wraps. Have a whole spool of D 002, but it's not NCP.

I was out of the game awhile myself. When I got back into I was not happy with thread options. Tried a lot. Been the happiest with Hitena. They offer a lot of their thread is a size B. In the metallic their size b is the closest feeling to gudebrod a in my opinion. Colors are not as bright and selection is not as good though as some of the other current brands. But I can wrap a trim band without it breaking.

Date: April 08, 2021 07:05PM

Russel look at the Fuji Metallica as well as Hitena. You’ll be very happy.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 08, 2021 07:48PM

I could use a couple spools of black nylon.

Date: April 08, 2021 10:43PM

Lynn I have a spool of A that is nearly empty and one that appears full. Unsure of the size on the near full, no label. I am 100% positive it is Gudebrod. Your welcome to both. Email your info.

Posted by: Ron Fletcher (---)
Date: April 16, 2021 02:14PM

Michael,
Thank you I just recieved my spool of Royal Blue #245. I will put it to good use.
Thanks again

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 19, 2021 04:08PM

Michael, got my thread today. Thank you very much, above and beyond!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster