I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Point Blank/ Baitcaster/ 1/4 OZ shakey heads ?
Posted by: Keith Langford (---)
Date: March 28, 2021 08:38PM

Hey Fellas, which blank would you choose for a baitcasting shakey head rod, typically 1/4 oz and finesse worms. I was thinking PB701MHF, thoughts. I have a spinning rod for this also but when fishing in the tidal rivers and in closer to all the cover, I am not as accurate with the spinning gear. Thank you.

Keith Langford

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Point Blank/ Baitcaster/ 1/4 OZ shakey heads ?
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 29, 2021 08:44AM

I think that would be a good choice. I don't own that one, but sounds good to me.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: March 29, 2021 11:47AM

Keith are you using the finesse worm or the mag finesse worm? The mag finesse with a 1/4 oz head drops on the scale at 5/8 of an ounce. If the finesse I would look at the medium over the medium heavy. I haven’t used the 7’ers, I have only built on the 7’3”ers and longer. The medium heavy will certainly have more horsepower for bigger fish but the medium is VERY capable as well, I was boat flipping4-5lb smallies with mine yesterday.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: March 29, 2021 01:47PM

Please look into the Bushido DS 69/8-15. Super sensitive with plenty of back bone. I put one in play 2 weeks ago, very impressed. Sure would like to be boat flipping smallies that size Tom!!!

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dthn.centurylink.net)
Date: March 29, 2021 02:25PM

What spinning blank are you using?

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: March 29, 2021 02:41PM

Jeffrey it was a good day. I had a bag of 17.02 at the end of the day. Largest was 5.01

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: March 29, 2021 11:56PM

The PB701MF or the PB731MXF have more than enough power for what you want to do. However, the PB701MHF is also a very nice blank with a lot of power.
Norm

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 07, 2021 10:25AM

The way things are going, what are we going to call actual light line and power bass fishing? Dropshotting was actually fishing with light, short rods, small light wire hooks and shot sinkers. Finesse actually meant little worms or creatures on light weights and light wire hooks. 1/4 oz jigheads and a big bait was jigworming, you didn't have to "mag" anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster