I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle G2 Handle , NFC SJ706, fuji k guides inshore rod
Posted by: Eddie Anderson (---)
Date: February 25, 2021 08:52AM

I have now built 3 rods using the G2 Handel kit matched with the cct aero reel seat. 2 spinning rods for me and one for a customer using the split grip kit. They are light weight, easy to instill, look good, and you can customize the handle length to fit your needs. Handel has good grip even when wet or covered in fish slime. I pair this Handel set up with An NFC SJ706 LMX Delta 1/4-1 oz 10-17 lb blank and fuji k guides and it makes one of the best inshore snook and red fish rod I have used. Creates a light strong and powerful rod Abel to Handel slot and bigger snook and redfish in Florida waters.

Good all around rod for fishing jig’s, jerk baits, mirro lures, and swimbaits up to 1oz.

I'd rather be catching!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 09:12AM by Eddie Anderson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle G2 Handle , NFC SJ706, fuji k guides inshore rod
Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 25, 2021 04:54PM

Just curious Eddie, I don't see a SJ 706 anywhere on NFC web site.....would it be the X-ray SJ-736 by any chance? And if so did you cut it down to 7'? What length rear grip do you like? Up locking or down locking? Also what is the difference between the CCT Aero seat and the regular Aero seat?

In case it wasn't obvious I have some SJ 736 blanks and some of the NFC grips. Just need to make some decisions.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: February 25, 2021 05:44PM

Russ... I cannot answer the rest of your questions but the CCT is the Compress Carbon Tech version of the Aero...

[www.americantackle.us]

Russell Brunt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just curious Eddie, I don't see a SJ 706 anywhere
> on NFC web site.....would it be the X-ray SJ-736
> by any chance? And if so did you cut it down to
> 7'? What length rear grip do you like? Up
> locking or down locking? Also what is the
> difference between the CCT Aero seat and the
> regular Aero seat?
>
> In case it wasn't obvious I have some SJ 736
> blanks and some of the NFC grips. Just need to
> make some decisions.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: February 25, 2021 11:32PM

Russell, look under BASS they have it in IM and Delta. Have built both, they are nice all purpose bass sticks.

Date: February 26, 2021 07:48AM

Russel
The blank is the sj706 delta LMX1/4-1oz lure 10-17 lb line. It is listed under bass. I built the SJ706 delta rod after I built an Sj703 X-ray. The sj 703 X-ray is a good rod but I wanted something with more backbone to use in the tidal creek in live on, to pull the fish out of the mangroves. 9” rear grip to rear of reel seat. Down locking seat.

In bleave the SJ 736 X-ray would also make a good rod for inshore fish but I have not had the chance to build one up yet.
looks like the same lure and line and power rating as The SJ706 delta the sj 736 is just a bit longer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 09:24AM by Eddie Anderson.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 26, 2021 07:45PM

Thanks guys. I searched under "classics" thinking that would show all offerings. I learned better.

Eddie, I also have the SJ 703. I was trying to tell another guy I didn't think it was enough blank for Snook despite what NFC said. What do you use yours for? FWIW I felt the SJ 732 was more powerful. I'd call the 703 a light, the 732 a med-light, and the 736 a med to med-hvy.

I agree that the SJ 706/736 is a very nice inshore blank. I also think you would like the SJ 732. To me the SJ 703 like 6-8# test 3-5# salt water fish max kinda blank.

Always nice to share notes with another south Floridian.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Michael Tarr (---)
Date: February 26, 2021 08:16PM

I built a SJ 706-1 (IM) for freshwater jigs and a Hybrid CB 705 Zentron (Delta LMX) for bladed jigs a couple years ago. Both rods are casting rods and have been a pleasure to use. The Delta blank is thicker than I was expecting but the action is perfect for it’s purpose. The SJ 706 came out nice, I paired it with Fuji titanium torzite guides and an alps reel seat.

I also built a MB 703-1 (Delta LMX) and it might be one of my favorite rods. It’s also set up for a casting reel and I did a short 7 or 8” carbon fiber handle. I use this for jerkbaits or throwing poppers to schooling bass in the summer. It’s a super light rod with a strong spine. I tried to buy another one and I think NFC discontinued it.

I ordered some grips on Monday 2/22 from NFC, still says the order is processing... the rod blank and components from mudhole got here yesterday... just waiting... you’d think $10 shipping it would be on a plane the next day. Ohh well.

Date: February 28, 2021 01:29PM

Russell,
I use the sj703 X-ray for spotted sea trout out in Tampa and Sarasota bay. If you hook into a bigger fish in the bays you have room to let them run till they tire out.

I am going to build up an other sj706 delta same Handel setup as the first one but use microwave 20 guide set for a compare and contras rod. That way I can let customers cast both rod and see which set up the like better.

I'd rather be catching!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2021 01:39PM by Eddie Anderson.

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 04, 2021 04:32PM

Thats a great idea Eddie. Let the customer decide which feels better to them. I know which one I am leaning towards. ????

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: March 07, 2021 02:39PM

I am seriously looking at the aer/ palm swell grip. Does the palm are get larger and higher on the 17mm compared to 16mm?
What is the dimensions at the largest diameter portion of the seat

Posted by: Eddie Anderson (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: March 07, 2021 08:53PM

The aero 17 Palm swell is larger and higher than the 16. Call or go to the American tackle web site for specs. Look at the sponsors links on the left side.
My hand wears a large glove size and the 16 aero fits my had comfortablely. If you have Extra large hands or larger I would go with the size 17.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2021 08:09AM by Eddie Anderson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster