I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle Components
Posted by: Derek Beamer (---)
Date: February 23, 2021 12:23PM

American Tackle continues to innovate and provide builders with components that look incredible and perform even better. Some of my favorites are the CCT reel seats and the G2 Carbon Handles. Both are durable, light weight and add a bad ass touch to any fishing rod. The MicroWave guides are a staple on all of my builds, both customer and personal. The Bushido blanks make the perfect backbone for any fishing rod. You will not go wrong with American Tackle!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle Components
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: February 23, 2021 01:12PM

Ask some of the senior builders what it cost back in the 80's and 90's. It's a deal.

Posted by: Christopher Wallace (---)
Date: February 24, 2021 06:53AM

I put AT components on all my builds if I have a choice in the matter. I've never had anyone not like their guides or their reel seats. I like their titanium guides in all varieties and their G2 reel seats. The infinity and braided window fly seats are sharp. I'm currently building 7 rods all with the above mentioned components.

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 08, 2021 11:47AM

I concur with Derek and Christopher, AT components are some of the best out there! I currently have between 30 and 40 rods in my personal arsenal, and my vavorites all have AT components!

I am a "senior" builder, been building rods for over 52 years having started at age 17 in July, 1978 . I remember when Fenwick introduced the "new" material, graphite, and it revolutionized my fishing! I got all my components from Shoff's Sporting Goods in Kent, WA, but there were few guide options, primarily the "Monel wire" type with a few options with ceramic inserts available. Carbaloy was the go-to for saltwater applications, where their weight was not such a big factor. Now, there are so many options, it makes one dizzy! The newer generation equipment is stronger, lighter, and more sensitive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster