I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bushiro Blanks
Posted by: Terry Bain (---)
Date: February 22, 2021 11:04AM

Good morning. I have a customer inquiring about a Bushiro blank. It is 6' 8", fast action, medium/light power. I have never used this brand and was wondering if anyone has. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

tmbain@sbcglobal.net
Benton, Ar
"NEVER GIVE UP"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bushiro Blanks
Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---)
Date: February 22, 2021 11:33AM

Terry,

Bushido Blanks are a line produced by American tackle company. Good stuff! I have used quite a few. I think it is a great balance between sensitivity and durability. They are light weight and tough for their rating.

Posted by: Charles Backes (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 12:48PM

I've used Bushido blanks quite a bit. Along with Matrix, they are some of my go-to blanks. As previously stated, they are tough and sensitive, but also light, and reasonably priced. Match it with some ATC TiForged guides and you've got a great set up.

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---)
Date: February 22, 2021 12:59PM

SJ68/6-10 is a great blank. Very sensitive and great price point.

Posted by: Reed W Atkinson (172.76.87.---)
Date: February 22, 2021 01:32PM

SJ68 is one of my go-tos. Very versatile blank. Great for finesse bass fishing, larger trout, walleye etc. Strong, priced right and light in-hand. Pair it with a Aero Comfortgrip or G2 Wave spinning seat and 20/6 Microwave finesse guide set for the perfect setup. They offer that same blank in a two piece version as well, which is popular with the backcountry brook trout crowd. Good luck!

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 02:03PM

Great blank! I use the airwaves or the mw20 on this blank.

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 02:51PM

The Bushido blanks are one of my favorite lines. I absolutely love the SP72-2/4-8 2-piece spinning blank for Trout Fishing! I have several now, and will probably buy even more as I build rods for others! I also am a huge fan of their Matrix Series - love the carbon fiber weave in the butt section...

Posted by: Charles Backes (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 03:41PM

I love the multipiece Bushidos! That's what I use for my travel rods.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 03:50PM

I think the Bushidos and Rainshadow Revelations are lines that are placed nicely at the knee of the curve of performance vs cost. You can put more money into blanks, but you won't get the same value gain for the next $40 that you got for the $40 leading up to their price.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: February 22, 2021 03:55PM

I've tried every body's blanks, haven't found a bad one yet, that being said, the American tackle line up are as good or better that all of them!! Good pricing and excellent help from staff. Two thumps up!!

Posted by: larry basilio (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 06:47PM

Terry, great blank, i got mine from Mud Hole , verry happy

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: February 22, 2021 07:03PM

I like them also, great value.

Posted by: Terry Bain (---)
Date: February 22, 2021 10:13PM

Guys thank you so much for your input and set up information. You've made me a believer, now I need to pass this on to the customer. I'll try one on for size for myself, especially a 2 piece.

tmbain@sbcglobal.net
Benton, Ar
"NEVER GIVE UP"

Posted by: Cory Leiman (207.195.86.---)
Date: February 23, 2021 12:49AM

I have built a lot of rod on the American Tackle Bushido blanks. I find their blanks very good quality and haven’t had a issue over the past 4 years. The staff at American Tackle will answer any questions you have on any of their products. Give them a try.

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2021 09:15AM

Yes the guys over at AT have always been open and transparent about their product lines. Very informative group, the Bushido's are a diverse line of blanks. Very durable blank as well. Have had no complaints with mine.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: February 23, 2021 02:40PM

Built a striped bass plug rod on one and it's one of my favorites! I used winn grips

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: February 24, 2021 08:46AM

That blank and the 8-15 blank are all I use for my inshore rods. Trout, pups, flounder, and rock. Blank won't quit.

Capt. Craig Freeman
Grading Scales Sportfishing and Back River Rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2021 08:47AM by Capt. Craig Freeman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster