I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NIRVANA superglass
Posted by: Todd Andrizzi (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: January 23, 2021 11:14AM

Good morning! Has anybody built on or know about NIRVANA superglass fly blanks? Where are they made? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NIRVANA superglass
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: January 23, 2021 02:14PM

A dealer would be the place for the fastest answer.

Date: January 23, 2021 02:53PM

I've read good reviews of people that have fished the rods and some on forums but I have never had luck with dealers admitting to where a rod is made. I have emailed the website but still no answer. I like to get opinions of a lot of people then make a decision. I think the site where I saw them is fairly new. So far I feel they are possibly a pretty good blank.

Date: January 26, 2021 03:21PM

The Nirvana blanks are made in China...just found out today....disappointing! I have read reviews and all of them were promising. A couple were in fly fishing mags. Can a rod be really be good when made in China?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: January 26, 2021 03:48PM

Yes, some excellent blanks are made in China. Many of the best brands have the blanks made exactly to their specifications using the best materials available.
Norm

Date: January 26, 2021 04:53PM

wow...thanks again Norm. Maybe I am too hung up on American made. I am old and still like to see, Made in USA.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: January 26, 2021 05:14PM

So do I, but labor costs play a big part in the production costs, and a company has to make a profit in order to survive.
Norm

Date: January 26, 2021 10:14PM

There are American made superclass blanks if you are so inclined.

Date: January 26, 2021 10:30PM

Spencer...Names...? Or can you mention them on here? allegedly these blanks are designed in New Zealand and outsourced to a factory in China.

Date: January 29, 2021 02:14AM

North Fork Composites, think it's called Iconoglass, they also use it in their composite blanks.

Date: January 29, 2021 08:42AM

Thanks Spencer. Yes, I did a build on the iconoclass. It seems like a nice blank. The rod turned out nice.

Spencer...do you or anyone else know the purpose of the "plug" material that is in the tip ends of blank sections? Some have it, some don't. I would think it was for strength. I'm all about strength and longevity. This China blank I ended up ordering ( i think a mistake) has thinner walls and no plug material. I should have ordered a CTS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster