I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Point Blank PB691MXF Build
Posted by: Ron Beloff (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2021 12:43PM

Last year I built the PB691MLXF and absolutely love it. This year I want to build it's "big" brother - the PB691MXF . Since the rod length is the same, and the reel size will most likely be the same (25 size), would it be safe to say I could use the same guide train - KL 16H, KL 8H, KB 5, KT4 (×6) and a LG 4(5) tip - and the same spacing?

Ron Beloff

Re: Point Blank PB691MXF Build
Date: January 18, 2021 12:44PM

I will be using 6 lb braid with a fluoro leader.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: January 18, 2021 02:50PM

It will be very close. Just do a static test to fine tune the runners if necessary. I would have used a KL5.5M as the third transition guide rather than the KB5, as well as a KB4 for the choke, but if you are happy with it that’s all that counts.
Norm

Date: January 18, 2021 04:15PM

Norm

I can't even read my own rod build notes. I will be using KL16H,8H,5.5M, KB4, and then 5 KT4 guides.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 18, 2021 05:06PM

Like Norm says.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2021 05:35PM

Ron,

Go to Anglers Resource's web site for the Guide Placement software. It works great. I use it for the initial positioning and sizing of the guides, then static load the blak for minor adjusments. I have not been disappointed at all.

Here's the link to the web page:

[anglersresource.net]

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: January 18, 2021 09:25PM

Sounds like you're in good shape Ron.

Date: January 20, 2021 09:54AM

My last build - PB691MLXF - really came out great after using the GPS and static testing. With all Fugi components and Winn AR grips, it was a beauty to use. Casting a Texas rigged 4" Ocho stickworms with 6#braid and 6# fluoro really put a lot of those crazy Ontario smallies in the boat in 2019.

Thanks for all the help with this build as well as its lighter PB691MLXF brother. Can't wait to have "FUN" with those KB and KT4's guides!

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: January 20, 2021 08:01PM

Ron, that's precisely what I built mine for!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster