I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji K
Posted by: Steven Corvin (---)
Date: January 12, 2021 09:40AM

We have been building all of our freshwater bass rods on Fuji concept and CRB lazer guides. What differences would we notice when building on the Fuji K fame guides?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji K
Posted by: Robert Drabik (---.ostnet.pl)
Date: January 12, 2021 10:01AM

There will be no big differences. The significant difference is that FUJI K has an anti-tangle frame.
The slightly larger differences are in the use of the FUJI KR system.

Distributor of luxury Japanese blanks, FUJI guides.
SUZUKI BLANKS, Carefully made in Tokyo, Japan

[brcrods.com]

We also provide services to wholesale customers.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 12, 2021 12:30PM

Don’t know if you are talking spinning or casting rods. For casting, not a lot of difference. For spinning, the Fuji KL frame guides are intended for use in a new guide concept rod, and thus would be used just like any other NGC guides, with the added benefit of a tangle free frame. On the other hand, the Fuji KL-H guides are intended for use in a KR concept. The KR concept was designed for braided line and employs small ring high frame transition guides which are grouped according their size. These transition guides rapidly and effectively choke the line to flow smoothly through small micro guide runners. For a given frame height the KL- H guides have a smaller ring. Thus, the KL-H transition guides would weigh less than NGC guides with similar heights. In addition, the KR concept routinely uses three transition guides, rather than the four that are regularly used in NGC, again saving weight. Finally, the use of micro guide runners further reduces weight in the tip section. Prior to the KR concept I built a lot of rods using the NGC, once I started using the KR concept I never looked back. In my opinion, derived from both testing and fishing, the KR concept results in a lighter, more responsive and better performing rod. The only way to know for sure, is to try it for yourself, and form your own opinion.
Norm

Posted by: Michal Rozycki (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: January 13, 2021 01:42AM

Another important difference is availability. Availability of Fuji Y and L frame guides in various finishes and with various ceramic rings is pretty limited, while Fuji K are available in steel and titanium frames, with all the ceramic ring inserts bar basic aluminium oxide. This is also a valid point to consider ...

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: January 13, 2021 07:34PM

Posted by: Shawn Riebe (---.midco.net)
Date: January 15, 2021 03:51PM

Norman Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don’t know if you are talking spinning or
> casting rods. For casting, not a lot of
> difference. For spinning, the Fuji KL frame guides
> are intended for use in a new guide concept rod,
> and thus would be used just like any other NGC
> guides, with the added benefit of a tangle free
> frame. On the other hand, the Fuji KL-H guides are
> intended for use in a KR concept. The KR concept
> was designed for braided line and employs small
> ring high frame transition guides which are
> grouped according their size. These transition
> guides rapidly and effectively choke the line to
> flow smoothly through small micro guide runners.
> For a given frame height the KL- H guides have a
> smaller ring. Thus, the KL-H transition guides
> would weigh less than NGC guides with similar
> heights. In addition, the KR concept routinely
> uses three transition guides, rather than the four
> that are regularly used in NGC, again saving
> weight. Finally, the use of micro guide runners
> further reduces weight in the tip section. Prior
> to the KR concept I built a lot of rods using the
> NGC, once I started using the KR concept I never
> looked back. In my opinion, derived from both
> testing and fishing, the KR concept results in a
> lighter, more responsive and better performing
> rod. The only way to know for sure, is to try it
> for yourself, and form your own opinion.
> Norm

Hey Norman,

Would the KR guideset that is meant for braid also work ok with an FG knot? I was just wondering if the micro guides would be good for that application. It would be likely 15 lb. braid to a 6-10 pound leader of fluoro.

Thanks,

Shawn

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: January 15, 2021 05:38PM

I mostly use 4.5 KB/KT runners and have no problem using a 15 or 20 lb test Fluoro or mono leader attached to 15 or 20 lb test braid via an FG knot. Because there is no tag at the front end of the FG knot it will pass through the guides as if there is no knot at all. Will not even be a problem using size 4 runners.
Norm

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: January 15, 2021 06:28PM

Not too long ago i was playing with the guide sizes of one of my bow and arrow rods..i took off all the #5 runners and wrapped on #4 runners..my average B&A cast fell between 50 and 60' with the #4s the same as with the #5s that i had removed, both using 10# braid..i expected an increase in distance with #4 guides, but no ingrease..i can only thunk that the smaller guides created more line drag than the #5s..with the B&A type of cast there is very little difference in cast effort per cast so i,m pretty sure the guides were the influencing factor..

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: January 15, 2021 07:59PM

ben belote Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not too long ago i was playing with the guide
> sizes of one of my bow and arrow rods..i took off
> all the #5 runners and wrapped on #4 runners..my
> average B&A cast fell between 50 and 60' with the
> #4s the same as with the #5s that i had removed,
> both using 10# braid..i expected an increase in
> distance with #4 guides, but no ingrease..i can
> only thunk that the smaller guides created more
> line drag than the #5s..with the B&A type of cast
> there is very little difference in cast effort per
> cast so i,m pretty sure the guides were the
> influencing factor..

This should read very little difference in load effort not cast effort per cast...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster