I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Time to vent...
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 03:56AM

Ive had enough..

First all the shows i like to vend got cancelled...

next, suppliers are restricted.. And making it difficult to make the few orders i managed to get this winter...

Then social distancing, and threatening to cancel trout season (Pennsylvania for ya) thankfully they opened it on a random day, but stocking was done without care this year...

All of this ive managed to keep my head up, i have my health (for the most part) im working yet, acually im working 10-12 hour days, 6 days a week. My wife is healthy and working.. I have customers making orders for spring getting more frequent.

But covid cancelled the expo...

Ive had about enough of this crap.. I missed out on the expo last year, and now im seriously regretting not going.. I can acually afford it this year. But i get it.. I guess..

Sorry for a small rant..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time to vent...
Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: January 02, 2021 05:04AM

Good Sir, you need a trip to a western state, like Montana or Oregon. There are wonderful streams where trout and/or steelhead don’t need to be stocked and the scenery is always grand. It’s not prime time right now, but the winter will go by quickly enough.

Date: January 02, 2021 05:15AM

Dont get me wrong, i dont watch the stocking schedules.. Thats the last thing im thinking about.. When i go fishing i target natives.. And am catch and release only.. Although.. Man, would i love to get out west.. Its a bit crowded over here.. Lol only issue i would have now is having to quarantine 2 weeks to get back into pa.

I really could use new water though...

Posted by: John Sansevera (---.hsd1.ny.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 06:37AM

Not sure where in Pa. you are but Lake Erie's tribs hold plenty of steelhead that are active now. All you need is a 7 or 8 wt fly set up with a handful of egg imitation's a couple of dark stone flys and some wolly buggers. You're not alone , everyone is feeling and fed up with the covid restrictions. Look at the bright side, you don't have a Governor named Cuomo !!!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---)
Date: January 02, 2021 07:14AM

Lehigh river, a few miles south of the gorge in Jim Thorpe.. Or glen onoko state park... Its considered a destination believe it or not.. Basically lake erie is on the other side of the state.

Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 12:56PM

I’ll take the closures as long as I can still breathe .......... priorities brother

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 02:38PM

It is just going get worse. I will take my chances as I have been doing. I flew about 10 times across the US and in the Caribbean in 2020 and the planes are packed because they have cancelled flights. It is really pretty simple, just take everyone's temperature before they enter the store, board a flight or go into a crowded space. If you have a weakened immune system protect yourself and stay away from crowds or whatever. I don't think this is going away and it will always be around no matter what we do, just like the flu seasons are always with us. They also need to stop rewarding hospitals for diagnosing COVID 19 in patients and deaths. There should not be an incentive for this because good medical practice does not require it. They don't pay hospitals for diagnosing cancer so why are they doing it for COVID, it is just skewing the actual data. These lock downs are killing more people than COVID because of suicide. Anyway, build a rod while you are locked up, you can use your stimulus check for the components.

Posted by: Jon Kistler (---.97.100.191.res-cmts.leh2.ptd.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 03:08PM

Small world Anthony...I live in Palmerton...

Jon

Date: January 02, 2021 03:12PM

Lol who the heck has been wasting ammo? I get it, but come on! Thats either full auto or really well done bump fire!

Im over in berlinsville, ive had guys ask if i knew you before., small world it is..

We should cast a line in one of these days

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 06:14PM

Vent if you have to But, don't be foolish. Heed the warnings. We lost both my wife's brother and her cousin yesterday morning 3 hrs apart
Her brother was admitted on Christmas day and her cousin on the 27'th.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---)
Date: January 02, 2021 07:01PM

Throughout history life during a deadly plague has not been much fun. We rod builders are fortunate to share an activity which promotes creativity and even artistry - and there is no need to mob up to practice it.

Posted by: Peter Yawn (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: January 02, 2021 07:16PM

I really hate to reply, but I feel that truth is important. Lance, where in the @#$%& do you think these sick people filling up the hospitals and morgues are coming from? Why did 400,000 more people die in the US in 2020 vs 2019? I assure you it ain't from suicide, though yes, that may have gone up too. Hospitals get paid an extra 20% for taking care of COVID patients vs a patient with bacterial pneumonia. Do you know why? Because hospitals lose money on COVID patients. Because COVID patients are really sick and require a lot more (expensive) care. So instead of believing nonsense from the news, try talking to people who actually deal with COVID every day. Or talk to those who have lost family members. Yes, everything that COVID has caused, from sickness to lockdowns to having to wear a mask @#$%&. All of it. But get real. COVID kills people. Lots of them. You can debate the choices this country has made all you want (hopefully not here.) But to say that hospitals are making stuff up or that the deaths aren't real is insulting to everyone who has lost a loved one and everyone who is working their ass off to try and keep more people from dying.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2021 07:19PM

Time to get back to rod building topics.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster