I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole customer service
Posted by: David Luttig (---)
Date: December 22, 2020 05:50PM

Anyone else having issues with Mudhole customer service? Over the past 6 months I have had orders not complete, multiple times ordering items that they say are in stock, only to find out they are on backorder. Got to the point where I had to call and verify each item in my order. Now, after talking with the representative about which tip top would fit the blank I was to order, it is the wrong size.....to small. To reorder will take another 2-3 weeks because they seem to ship usps, which is slow. I really like the layout of their website and it’s easy to use, so I like that aspect. I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues. I will look at the other sponsors on the left to see what they have to offer as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole customer service
Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: December 22, 2020 06:13PM

I have found their customer service to be outstanding. Any issues I’ve had were handled immediately. Don’t blame mud hole for USPS or FedEx delivery problems.
Norm

Date: December 22, 2020 06:18PM

I don’t blame them for the shipping delays, that is out of their control, the other things, controlled.

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.252.30.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 06:25PM

I have had similar incidents with Mudhole, as well as their competitors. But I found the problem was fixed to my satisfaction each time, regardless if the fault was mine or theirs.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 07:03PM

I have always found them to be very helpful. And I can be fussy at times. I expect good service.

Posted by: Richard Popola (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 08:12PM

I’ve always had outstanding service from Mudhole.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 08:59PM

Iv'e always had outstanding experiences with Mud Hole customer service, they go out of their way to do it right.

Posted by: John Sansevera (---.hsd1.ny.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2020 09:39PM

Been using Mudhole for quiet a few years now and found their customer service to be one of the best. I have about a dozen different guides on back order now but I don't fault them, I understand covid has really screwed everything up. A lot of people sitting home I would imagine are building rods to pass the time, so the component shortage is very understandable. Shipping to customers has slowed way down and that's the post office and other shippers problem. I'm sure their components come from overseas so that shipping must be like snail delivery. Also when ordering tip tops, mudhole has alot of painted blanks and sometimes you need a half size bigger to compensate for the paint, just a thought.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that

Date: December 23, 2020 07:46AM

I don’t blame them for the shipping but it is very frustrating when you call to see if it is in stock, place the order and then are told it’s on back order. That is not good customer service IMO. They need to keep their stock inventory accurate on the website. I won’t say I won’t use them again, I like the layout of their web page, it’s easy to navigate over others, but if I can find the same or equivalent at another vendor, that is where my business will go.

Date: December 23, 2020 04:24PM

Good luck with that. Lol. If you find this place, please let us know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2020 04:29PM by Lynn Behler.

Posted by: Chris Morilla (---)
Date: December 23, 2020 04:47PM

The amount of orders they get must be crazy. While you’re calling and waiting to see if something is in stock, someone else is probably ordering the same item.

Also, as soon as it leaves the building and is in the hands of the courier, not much you can do. They have always been great to me on issues I’ve had over the years.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: December 23, 2020 06:20PM

The same goes for the tip top sizing. I am quite sure that your request for the sized is selected based on the blank specs and not actually measuring it physically. Tips do vary based on the paint etc. On cannot expect the customer service rep to get up and go out to its warehouse location and pull your blank and measure the size on your particular blank. The specs are generally listed for the blank, so the optimum thing and the most effecient and cost effective woul be to order the spec size and 1 up and 1 down from it.

Ron Weber

Date: December 23, 2020 07:00PM

I think they will size a tip "to fit" the blank if you request.

Date: December 23, 2020 07:05PM

Ron Weber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The same goes for the tip top sizing. I am quite
> sure that your request for the sized is selected
> based on the blank specs and not actually
> measuring it physically. Tips do vary based on
> the paint etc. On cannot expect the customer
> service rep to get up and go out to its warehouse
> location and pull your blank and measure the size
> on your particular blank. The specs are generally
> listed for the blank, so the optimum thing and the
> most effecient and cost effective woul be to order
> the spec size and 1 up and 1 down from it.

Then I guess the rep should not have told me it would fit the blank if he was unsure. I’m glad you all are satisfied with them. Like I said, won’t say I won’t use them but certainly not impressed.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 23, 2020 07:31PM

David, I sincerely hope you aired all this out with Mudhole before using this forum for your complaints!

Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2020 05:44PM

I've had nothing but kind, efficient service. Just remember, this year of COVID has put just about everything in disorder. Many companies had to pare their employees to meet distancing requirements, which in turn slows production and mailing.

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.orlf.qwest.net)
Date: December 27, 2020 03:27PM

I'm with Ron Weber in ordering extra tip tops, 1 up and 1 down. As to the back ordered stock I've been lied to by different vendors and not just fishing related. I recently waited over a month for a steering box for my tractor, which when I called, they said was in stock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster