I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rough experience with Get Bit Outdoors
Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: December 14, 2020 02:35PM

They charged me for a Point Blank on October 17th. I was contacted a day or so later and told it would be shipped on December 10th. I’ve not yet received shipping notice, which isn’t too surprising during these times for something made in China. I’ve been told twice on the phone on different days, though, that they would check with the supplier and call me right back. I’ve not been called back either time. The guy blurted out the second time I politely called, “ Oh crap (my paraphrase), I forgot to check”. Am I alone in getting a customer service run around from them, or being charged so far before shipping? I do believe they are a company that cares about their reputation and wants to be upstanding. How about some coaching here, Kevin? I’d appreciate a call from you, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rough experience with Get Bit Outdoors
Posted by: Terry Bain (---)
Date: December 14, 2020 03:10PM

Kendall. I have never had any issues like that from Get Bit. Any time I've had to call them, they have been extremely polite and helpful. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. I do know that the USPS has had some issues with items lying around in transfers centers, which infuriates me and is no fault of the distributor. Hopefully, you will get it quickly.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 14, 2020 05:08PM

Shipping issues always arise this time of year (even before C19) and it is exacerbated by many companies having to reduce staffs during the business downturn.

Git Bit's reputation for service is very good, I would consider this an anomaly.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 14, 2020 06:46PM

I've had a few small issues, not shipping related.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: December 15, 2020 03:41AM

I have had some less than stellar customer service experiences with them. All related to out of stock items.Not bad enough to write them off. But everyone else in the rod supply business has been much better to deal with in similar situations. Think they just got too much on their plate for the amount of staff they have. They want to help but seem to be spread too thin.

Posted by: Tony Boschi (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: December 15, 2020 10:01AM

Someone also told me that all shipping companies are being monopolized to send the Covid vaccine and that anything else being shipped will take a back seat, even holiday packages.

Tony Boschi
Banana River Rods
Merritt Island, Florida
321~525~1063

* Rapid Prototyping Services
* Custom Beach Rods
* Custom Inshore Rods

[bananariverrods.com]

Posted by: Kent Griffith (---)
Date: December 15, 2020 10:33AM

Tony Boschi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone also told me that all shipping companies
> are being monopolized to send the Covid vaccine
> and that anything else being shipped will take a
> back seat, even holiday packages.

Not sure how that is going to work out since the pfizer vaccine requires -94 degrees Fahrenheit for proper storage. And dry ice can be -109 degrees Fahrenheit, but is only good in shipments for about 3 days before evaporating into nothing needing to be replaced well before the 3 days expires.

[abc7chicago.com]

Pfizer COVID vaccine requires super cold storage, prompting dry ice business boom

Dry ice's temperature is -109 degrees Fahrenheit, lasts up to 36 hours

The team is now prepping thousands of pounds of dry ice. Salgado said they have about six drivers delivering truckfuls of dry ice every day. Each shipment is vital for the Pfizer vaccine, vials of which must be kept at -94 degrees. That exceptionally cold temperature has prompted hospitals to turn to dry ice.

"The temperature is 109 degrees below zero, so pretty cold," Salgado said.

That's cold enough to keep the vaccine in top shape, especially since every second counts. Once out of the shipping container, the vaccine needs to be moved into a special freezer or put in a standard refrigerator within 90 seconds. There, it will thaw and can stay for up to 5 days. Once out of the refrigerator, a vial is quickly diluted into five doses that must be injected within two hours, or it will spoil."

Honestly based on the science I don't see how regular delivery services are going to be qualified for this type of thing, especially since they have slowed down deliveries as of lately. A lot of people could be receiving spoiled vaccines trusting our standard delivery options, which means they might have to roll out the AstraZeneca vaccine soon which does not require such cold temps to remain viable.

So, there will have to be another form of distribution than trusting government workers in USPS! Just sayin'!

Hope you get your rod soon Kendall!

Date: December 15, 2020 11:57AM

An update: I did get a call from the same customer service person. I don’t know if this thread was a factor in “jogging” his memory, or not. Apparently, Anglers Resource is expecting the blank shipment to be in soon. I’ll see what communication happens through the remainder of the process. From my limited experiences, it appears that Get Bit transcended from being mostly family run to employee operated at a really complex time. It looks like they are doing about three or so different types of enterprises. I hope they positively learn that their employees, and how they are trained and led, will be a tremendous force in either representing their values or negating them. I do wish for their success.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dthn.centurylink.net)
Date: December 15, 2020 04:32PM

We have, in fact, experienced delivery delays on POINT Blank. We expect a shipment due any time that should correct the problem.

Posted by: Ken Tadashi (---)
Date: December 15, 2020 05:21PM

I had great experiences with GB up until last year. I ordered a blank during Black Friday sale, received confirmation of the order, my card was charged, and then a week later I get an email notifying me of a delay shipping out the blank. I found it odd that they were claiming to be out of stock on this blank when I saw it on the site during that week after I made the order. But I waited patiently as the blank was basically 50% off with free shipping. I’m pretty sure it was an error on their part and instead of rectifying the situation, they kept giving me the run around through email and phone calls. I waited over six months and then finally gave up and asked for a refund. During that six month waiting period, I contacted Batson directly and they told me they have some of the blanks in stock but it would be exponentially more than what I paid GB. So for six months GB tells me it’s out of stock but Batson says they have it.

Posted by: Jason Gofron (---)
Date: December 15, 2020 07:31PM

I ordered 2 point blanks from them but the blanks where shipped direct from angler resource. I also had a credit card fraud claim that may have stemmed from that order

Date: December 15, 2020 08:34PM

It's not a shipping issue, it's an inhouse issue. Always use Paypal there. They have items in stock that they don't know they have because they were mis-identified when placed in inventory, or placed in the wrong bin, too many irons in the fire.

Date: December 15, 2020 08:36PM

I want this business to be thriving ten years from now. Choice and competition is always much better than the inverse. My objective was to get them to see that they need to make an adjustment or so on how they handle their “out of stock” situation for customer retention. I ordered this blank during their October sale to be able to accurately measure it and order the rest of the components during the holiday sales. I am more than understanding about delays in 2020, but failure to communicate about them is problematic. We don’t live in a world anymore where really tall boxes can sit on door steps for for extended periods of time. It’s important to know if a package that was suppose to be coming during a certain time period is going to randomly show up a week or months later. When you call to find out, follow-through is important. I doubt that card fraud is at all related. This tends to be the game of specialized operations that aren’t legitimate businesses.

Date: December 15, 2020 09:48PM

I want the same Kendall, credit card info was being stolen from them without their knowledge, to the tune of me having to get 2 new cards before I was able to track down the source. I spent a few e-mails and several phone calls trying to explain the stock mix-up issue. I ordered some Fuji KT's which were on backorder. After my order was held up for quite a while I called and changed them to KB's , "ok we'll get the order out today" lo and behold when they got here they were the KT's I'd originally ordered mis-identifed as KB's. I don't buy a whole lot of stuff, But I've always supported Get Bit and recommended them to others. I also don't care for ordering things that then have to be ordered from their suppliers. If it's not in stock show it before I pay for the item.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster