I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AMTAK CCT Reel Seat Feedback
Posted by: Jay Burns (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2020 07:43AM

Hey guys was considering using one of the CCT casting seats, either the Razor or Blade and was looking for any feedback and opinions on them. Specifically for comfort and function. Look forward to getting feedback

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AMTAK CCT Reel Seat Feedback
Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: December 13, 2020 08:36AM

this thread talks a little about them: [www.tackletour.net]

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: December 13, 2020 02:56PM

I built with the Razor. I like it a lot. It feels nice when palming, and it looks great. The quality is really good. I wish they made a Razor that can take a regular fore grip for heavier rods and types of fishing where a fore grip is an advantage.

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2020 10:51AM

I am so happy with mine, I can't say enough about them. They look good and they're super sensitive. There Aero is the most comfortable reel seat on the market, if your doing a spinning rod. I am building a blade next. I am sure it will be comfortable in the hand as I have used styles like this and am very happy with them.

Posted by: Reed W Atkinson (---.cust.exede.net)
Date: December 14, 2020 10:59AM

I've built on both now and am extremely impressed. I was worried while ordering that compressed carbon wouldn't be as comfortable in-hand as graphite. These seats are not only more comfortable and smooth to the touch, they are actually lighter. Can't beat the look as well. Five stars from me. AT's R&D department continues to think outside the box with gems like CCT seats. Buy it!

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: December 14, 2020 11:11AM

They are outstanding looking seats. I am building a rod with an aero cct.

Posted by: Derek Beamer (---)
Date: December 14, 2020 11:53AM

The CCT seats are lighter than graphite counterparts, are very durable and look absolutely incredible. I have built many rods using both spinning and bait casting seats and I highly recommend all of them.

Posted by: Rick Shaffer (67.213.20.---)
Date: December 14, 2020 02:27PM

How often do you need the inserts on CCT casting rod seats ? Either the Blade or the Razor ?

Posted by: Ross Montgomery (---.ipv6.telus.net)
Date: December 14, 2020 05:16PM

I use the razor all the time. It looks great, feels great and functions great.

Posted by: Pekka Kemppainen (---.edelkey.net)
Date: December 15, 2020 05:40PM

Jay Burns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys was considering using one of the CCT
> casting seats, either the Razor or Blade and was
> looking for any feedback and opinions on them.
> Specifically for comfort and function. Look
> forward to getting feedback

These seat are best seats at the moment! Very good looking, light and durable. Blade is lightest casting seat. Even Fuji SK2 skeleton seat assembly is heavier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster