I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ordering Custom Decal
Posted by: Denham Bruce (---)
Date: December 10, 2020 03:10PM

Anyone know where I can get a custom decal for a blank I'm working on? Its a Harley Davidson themed rod so I wanted to put a Harley logo on there. The folks at DecalConnection wouldn't print it due to trademark issues which is fine but that won't stop me from having this rod turn out the way I originally had planned. If anyone has a contact and could help me out that would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ordering Custom Decal
Posted by: Chris Saxby (---.mdtnwi.dsl.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: December 10, 2020 05:21PM

[]

Try this link. Fingernail decals...

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 10, 2020 05:43PM

Item HDSPO3 H-D LOGOS #1 from EK Success PO Box 1141 Clinton , NJ 07014 (www.eksuccess.com)
Got em from Michles and AC Moore craft stores. Good luck on your search. I found someone that was selling Fender headstock decals online so, if you do a search you my find the same person willing to make Harley decals or is making them.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 10, 2020 05:55PM

Dude, You got to be kidding me, @#$%& is loaded with Harley decals.I just looked up Harley stickers and the place is loaded with em'.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Date: December 10, 2020 05:59PM

I understand lots of harley stickers can be found online. But I need a specific decal in a specific size. Hence need for a custom one

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 11, 2020 08:46PM

Could you not get the appropriate sticker, scan it, and add it to your original artwork to be supplied to the decal manufacturer? I have no idea if this could be done, but it might be worth a try.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 11, 2020 11:33PM

Asking a business to duplicate something that is "Trademarked" is asking them to break the law!

Date: December 12, 2020 03:54PM

Is this really that difficult to have done??

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: December 12, 2020 06:37PM

Hello Denham.

Not if can find someone in the business willing to go to jail for you if they get caught.

Try calling Harley Davidson HD and see if they will give you permission.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: December 12, 2020 10:15PM

Its literally one sticker and it can't even be traced to who printed it nor would it ever attract the attention of Harley Davidson... It would be one thing if I were selling the sticker to make a profit but just to have causes no harm in anything.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: December 13, 2020 05:28AM

Its called legal as well as moral issues.

Ron Weber

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: December 13, 2020 10:54AM

You can get officially licensed Harley Davidson decals. The smallest ones may work.
[www.amazon.com]
Norm

Date: December 13, 2020 06:45PM

If you buy a sticker and apply it to the rod that's O.K. So what's the difference if you buy the sticker, incorporate into your decal then apply it to the rod. You bought an officially licensed sticker, it should be yours do do with as you wish. It's a one off.

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2020 08:21PM

The sticker is yours to do with as you please because you paid a royalty (through the manufacturer) to the owner of the artwork to use that image on that particular sticker. The imagery is not yours to do with as you please. If you duplicate the image, you are in violation of copyright law.

If you have access to a decent quality inkjet or laser printer with UV resistant photo quality ink, you can make your own decals using Papillio decal paper.

Date: December 13, 2020 09:50PM

So then, whose permission do you need to incorporate said image into your decal, having one or two made for you by, let's say, Decal Connection? We're not talking about reproducing stickers and selling them. And what's to stop you from modifying the original ever so slightly and using it? I'm not trying to be a moron here, I find this interesting.

Date: December 14, 2020 07:06PM

Denham contact Harley ask permission, forward that permission to Decal Connection. Worth a try. Or use the sticker with the decal separately.

Posted by: Trevor Esparza (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: December 15, 2020 03:13PM

Try Hook spit in Houston tx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster