I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rod balance
Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2020 02:06PM

lol Ben, you're right ........ it's a monkey see monkey do thing. I only do what I see the pros do. I guess that means I'll have to go back to holding the rod in my right hand when I flip and pitch. It's going to be a shame though, because holding the rod in my left hand for those presentations definitely has its advantages. That, and I'm really good at it.

Oh well ....... wouldn't want to do something the pros don't do. It might cost me a man card or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: November 28, 2020 03:05PM

Pro Anglers are exceptional and extremely knowledgeable fishermen. They have come up with a lot of innovations and tecniques which have helped all types of fishermen. I don't think monkey is a term I would use to describe people who wish to improve their fishing skills and fishing success. You try to learn from the best and improve upon it.
Norm

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: November 28, 2020 04:21PM

This may come as surprise to many but there is an incrediblle number of exceptional and knowledgeable fisherman who are not pro anglers with their own TV show..i have been very fortunate to have fished with some of them..they each have their own style and technique which they have honed to a degree that is almost scary, if your a fish.lol..they walk or should i say fish down their own path..if your lucky enough to know these type of people you are very fortunate indeed..

Date: November 28, 2020 05:53PM

I agree there are a lot of excellent fishermen out there. I know a bunch of them including many tournament fishermen. You learn from these guy and pass the knowledge on. Learning is not the same thing as blindly following. Whether you like it or not many Pro fishermen are extremely knowledgeable and are also excellent teachers. Because of their success they have a wide audience and are able to educate more people and influence the fishing tackle market in ways we can not. I think competition is a good thing, it brings about innovation in not only techniques, but also equipment.
Norm

Posted by: Shawn Riebe (---.midco.net)
Date: November 28, 2020 06:03PM

Wow! Great discussion!, Great ideas and insight from everyone!!! Thanks for typing out your responses and not just posting a link. Very much appreciated. The knowledge and willingness to share on this forum is amazing. Thank you

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: November 28, 2020 07:14PM

Norm, i look at them simply as indorsers for their sponsers and will say just about anything to sell for the sponsers or they lose sponsers..there is nothing innovative about that..it,s the oldest profession in the world as famously pointed out.

Date: November 28, 2020 07:48PM

Sorry Ben, I don’t share your sentiments. The reason they have sponsors is because they are excellent and knowledgeable fishermen. Their sponsors don’t catch the fish, they do. I have seen them in action. They go to a lake or river and within a minimum period of time they are catching stringers that most locals just dream about, even in the harshest conditions. It’s not an easy way to make a living, only the best survive, and many of these guys willingly share their knowledge. They know exactly what they want in a rod to fit their individual fishing style. These guy are really good.
Norm

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: November 28, 2020 07:59PM

Well Ben that tears it. There's no need to reply if you don't understand the situation. It's a fatigue issue! These are custom rods and can be made perfect for the assigned task when one understands the task!

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: December 03, 2020 09:25PM

I have never added weight to a rod to get it to "balance" but apparently this is a popular feature in rod building. What material is most popular for increasing a rod's weight to make it to balance?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster