I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Productive day
Posted by: Danny Smith (---)
Date: November 25, 2020 05:19PM

I had a great day in the shop today. Until today all of my practice consisted of replacing and wrapping line guides. I have one rod that I stripped all the way to the blank. A 7' med/mod fast casting rod I have had since the early 80s. Another was a 6.5 ft. med H/fast Bass Pro Pro Qualifier I bought in the 90s. This was the best and most $$$ rod I had bought at the time. It was still in pretty good shape but needed all new line guides. I stripped off the old and completed wrapping and coating them last night. I tried a double color wrap and I may not be ready yet, but for my purposes it will be great. After painting the stripped rod yesterday, I got the handle and reel seat glued this morning and the guides wrapped and coated this afternoon. My dryer came in today and this rod is drying on it tonight. I stayed very simple on the rebuild. Pistachio rod with single layer royal blue wraps, split cork handle and standard spinning guides. I am really amazed at how this one is looking so far. It is so light compared with the original build. You guys have been awesome in helping such a newbie. I ordered 3 blanks today at 75% off. I can't wait to start a fresh build.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Productive day
Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: November 25, 2020 05:23PM

you poor thing..your doomed just like the rest of us..lol.

Posted by: Keith Langford (---)
Date: November 26, 2020 09:11AM

Yep doomed. Its great to feel how a rod should be built, wait until you get to use it, you will be amazed at the difference.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: November 26, 2020 10:40AM

Lol doomed! I'm so addicted to it I had to chill out. Several of my friends told me I have way too many rods So whatt!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster