I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What happens when guides go on the Keto diet???
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 16, 2020 03:36PM

THEY GET SLIMMER & STRONGER!!!!

We know you want the best and we want to give you the best durable, snagless, slim BLACK titanium guides featuring SUPER THIN RINGS >>>>> American Tackle has you covered with the New Pentalite Guide System.

These guides were designed to be a perfect complement for freshwater and saltwater anglers alike. These tough and super lightweight guides deliver again and again with the features anglers have been demanding for years.

Key features of the American Tackle Penalite Guides:

o Exclusive BLACK titanium and titanium
o Slim Profile Pentalite Inserts
o Reduced Ring Weights
o Snagless TiForged Frame Design
o Light Weight

Want to see these guides in action, see here for more details: [www.youtube.com]

Interested in purchasing??? The New Pentalite Guides can be found NOW at your favorite American Tackle Dealer!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 03:59PM by Theron @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happens when guides go on the Keto diet???
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 17, 2020 08:11AM

Same titanium alloy as the Titans?

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: November 17, 2020 08:20PM

I was shopping for guides when I read this. I set about putting together a train to see if Pentalite was a viable option. I was getting enthusiastic about the price and features. However, it looks like you can only put a fraction of your guide train on keto. There doesn’t appear to be running guides that match the thinner rings of the Pentalite line, like is available for Torzite (and most lines of guides). Going from thin rings on the double foot guides to thick ones on the runners seems slightly odd. The largest size of rings in the standard line of black TiForged running guides appears to be “5.5”. I could reluctantly go with slightly mismatching runners on this build. However, American Tackle doesn’t sell a black titanium tip top, at all. The smallest ring in their “black” ring-lock tip top, in tube size 6.0, is a “6”. I looked at their site and their major vendors’ sites and never found a coherent way to build a set. I’m guessing that few to no builders will go from 5.5 running guides to larger ringed tip tops. They do have a micro guide tip top, not in black titanium, that is a size 4.0 ring. That’s also a mismatch with much of the Pentalite guide line, and for a lot of purposes that blanks with a 6.0 diameter tip will be used for.

Are you planning on making the companion running guides and tip tops? Incomplete component sets, like grips with no fitting and/or matching butt caps, have long been my rod building pet peeve. I started switching to G2 components because American Tackle was seeming to understand that integrated diameters and finishes across components were important.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 17, 2020 08:34PM

They look like they would match up Fuji K frames 5, 4.5 and 4 Torzites or be light strippers for a fly rod. I like that KW look.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 18, 2020 10:41AM

The new sizes to fill in those holes are on their way and will be here next week! Unfortunately nobody offers a titanium top (other than titanium frame with SS tubes) but we do have the more durable TiON tops for titanium frames and our Black Diamond finish matches the Black Titanium guides.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 22, 2020 04:43PM

Same titanium alloy as titans?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster