I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New wrapper flex coat DC 777
Posted by: Dumonteil Alexis (---)
Date: November 14, 2020 11:33AM

Hello,
I have order the new flex coat DC 777 wrapper machine . But i live on France is 220 v. I going to order a transformator but i dont have the tension of out put . The wrapper use 24 v or 110 v ?
Thanks you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New wrapper flex coat DC 777
Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (---.68.237.121.hwccustomers.com)
Date: November 14, 2020 11:36AM

How come you don't contact Flexcoat??
Herb

Posted by: Dumonteil Alexis (---.w90-50.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 14, 2020 12:06PM

They said this to me " The motor is 24V, uses a 110V plug. We can get you more information later. "
I don’t know whether to buy a 220v/110v transformer or a 220v/24v ..

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: November 14, 2020 12:26PM

The 24V motor is activated by an internal transformer that converts 110 to 24V. So if you are 220 at your location then you need a converter from 220 to 110.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: November 14, 2020 03:52PM

Ron is correct.

I have one of the machines.

Yes, the plug is for 110v 60hz AC.

But, a simple 220v to 110v converter takes care of the issue.

Just choose the correct adapter for your line voltage and your style AC line plug. After purchase, plug it in, and plug in the wrapper to the adapter and you should be good to go.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 14, 2020 06:15PM

I would advise you contact flex coat and inquire if they can provide a wrapper with a 220 VAC 50 hertz transformer to 24 volt that their motor requires. The 50 hertz part may be a bigger problem than the 220 volt part. Best to make sure before you buy.

There are few things that come into play....such as if flex coat is using a DC motor or a "universal" motor.....and if the transformer they supply is rated for 50 hertz. (which I would not assume it is).

Depending on these answers you either buy a convertor for your power to 120 volt......or you replace flex coat's internal transformer. Be prepared for the second option being the better choice.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: November 14, 2020 09:49PM

If you have ordered it an has been shipped ?, because of the shipping $$ is a lot for over sea's , so if you order a 220 V AC 50 HZ at 24 V, DC. LOCAL [ check amp. supply ] you can stand more but not less, than the rated AMP. if you talk to Flex coat , [E mail]. they should give you the rated out put, DC. & AMP rating . no big secret I think , , then any one with very little know how , could remove the flex coat power supply, then in stall your new power supply to the motor an controller
save you some money $$ I think , JUST AN IDEA

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: November 15, 2020 05:55AM

Dumon,
Double check with John at Flex coat, but after going down to the shop and checking the Flex Coat wrapper that is in the shop, I believe the following:

The specifications on the power supply indicate that the supply will handle an input ac voltage of 100-240 volts 50-60 cycle.

So, I believe - but should be checked - that to use the Flex coat wrapper in Europe with its 220 volt 50 cycle ac voltage, that only a plug adapter would be required for it to function perfectly.

This is one of the advantages of today's small electronic switching power supplies as used by the Flex Coat wrapper.

Double check with Flex Coat, but I believe that you only need an adapter plug to use the unit in your country.

Best wishes.

-----------------------------------
Note:
This is a product description of the power supply used by Flex Coat on their wrapper:

"Hotzzz is only seller authorized by the Walfront brand. We guarantee you have a good shopping experience. Please feel free to contact us at first if there is any problem, and we are always here to support you.
DC 5V 9V 12V 24V power supply for electric fan,electric drill,electric fan speed controller. Input voltage:AC 110V-240V;Output voltage:DC 1-24V(Adjustabble)
High efficiency, low power consumption, high stability, overpressure, over current, overload short circuit protection
Good anti-interference, the output disturbance is very small, the output voltage is stable, can prolong the service life of the external telephone
Scope of application: Monitor/LED light/massage pillow/electric drill/electric fan etc"

Posted by: Dumonteil Alexis (---.w90-50.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 15, 2020 11:46AM

Good morning everyone,
Thank you very much for your reply . I ordered the converter .
As they say in French: Merci beaucoup !!
Best regards
Alexis

Posted by: John Cates (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2020 11:27AM

Hello

Sorry that I am late to the post. Our power supply will handle 100-240v and 50/60Hz, however you will still need to convert the plug to your country's standard which is easy and cheap to do with any travel plug adapters that Roger supplied a link for. These adapters also convert from 220 to 110.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster