I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

rodmaker magazine eva grips advice
Posted by: Darwin Wong (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 12, 2020 12:35PM

Been building for couple years now and love learning new ideas to implement on my rods. I build primarily bass and light freshwater fishing rods.
I want to order some rodmaker magazines back issues with focus on eva grip designs / inlays, maybe other grip ideas though i don't have access to a dedicated lathe yet.

Would the Special CD edition on grips (https://www.rodmakermagazine.com/product/special-edition-5-crafting-cork-composite-eva-wood-grips-cd/) be good for me? Or are their newer magazine publications i could backorder that would have more up to date advice/tips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rodmaker magazine eva grips advice
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: November 12, 2020 02:45PM

Hello Darwin.

I have almost all the magazines (RodMaker) printed plus all 5 SE's and the two Magazine on CD- CD's.

If you don't plan on getting all the back issues the SE-5 is pretty comprehensive.

But... there are new things coming up all the time, I think you should get the SE-5, also get a subscription to RM.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: November 12, 2020 09:01PM

Thanks Bob. Unfortunately I can’t get a direct subscription delivery to Canada. So my plan is to order some back issues in batches to an American resshipper.

Do you know what volumes the CD-5 covers? Like if I also ordered back issues volume 10 would that already be on the CD?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: November 12, 2020 10:42PM

The CDs cover articles from many mags put together to cover more about a subject.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 13, 2020 07:56AM

The SE5 CD includes articles from all volumes related to the particular subject matter listed on the CD description.

Date: November 13, 2020 11:07AM

Thanks everyone. I see now that the CD was released pretty recently. Looking forward to reading these!

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2020 02:27PM

Darwin
I wrote a couple of articles in Rodmaker magazine that might be of interest to you. The first one is volume 21 issue 5 on how to use a pie shaped cork cutting jig to give you a barber pole effect. There is also an article on how to make an eva cutting jig. The second article is in volume 22, issue 6 - modifying and using a diamond jig for cork and eva. I hope that this will help you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster