I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 11, 2020 03:19PM

American Tackle wants to choose 2 rod builders to receive a 12" full G2 Carbon Handle Kit.

The G2 Carbon Handles by American Tackle are redefining the fishing rod handle as you know it. They utilize carbon grips to provide light weight, sensitivity, and extreme durability combined with; aluminum trim, customizable end cap, and pre-installed G2 arbors in order to feature the world’s only complete carbon fiber handle system. They are offered in 3K and Bushido carbon material options trimmed with a choice of Silver, Gloss Black or Matte Black aluminum fittings.

The world's only complete carbon handle system
-Increased Sensitivity
-Light Weight
-Added Strength
-Most importantly, the AT G2 Carbon Handles are A PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY BUILD!!!

Winners will get to choose between casting or spinning models, and color of customizable butt caps and trim rings.

To enter, email theron@americantackle.us

Contest starts today and will run through Sunday at 11:59p.m EST

For more information on American Tackle G2 Carbon Handle, see the link: [www.americantackle.us]

Purchasing information can be found here: [www.mudhole.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2020 04:54PM by Theron @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: November 11, 2020 03:28PM

Anyone who hasn't seen these new handle kits should. They are stunning!

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---)
Date: November 12, 2020 03:46PM

The grips are very cool new modern look. Super light and make the rod even more sensitive then before. Definitely a must have in the custom rod builders arsenal. Use it with the new CCT100% carbon reel seats from American Tackle and you have the most advanced rod on the market.

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 13, 2020 09:49AM

Those handles look amazing. I can’t wait to start a build with these G2 Carbon Handles.

Posted by: Derek Beamer (---)
Date: November 14, 2020 03:33PM

These grips are my new favorites! I recently completed 2 builds with them. 1 spinning and 1 casting and have plans for another using these grips soon. They are very sensitive, feel great in your hand and look awesome! I highly recommend they to any builders out there.

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: November 22, 2020 05:25PM

I built two casting rods with carbon grips, back to back. One was woven and one was a G2. The G2 was a little easier and faster build. The butt caps for the G2’s are much nicer, too. I had to turn and trim the tenon on the woven grip to fit a nice cap. I haven’t gotten use to the G2 feel, though. I’m just use to having a little more texture and cushion. That gives a more secure feel to me when casting heavy lures a distance. It’s personal taste. I don’t see this being any kind of an issue on a spinning rod, though. The hold when casting a spinning rod is on the real seat, with the reel leg serving as a heck of a safety hold. I can only see advantages to the design on a spinning rod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster