I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Who has tried the American Tackle MicroWave 25 Guide System???
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 04, 2020 05:06PM

Are you a serious inshore or offshore angler wanting to improve your performance on the water casting further and more accurately???

American Tackle went back to the drawing board and introduced the MW25 Guide System to provide a happy medium between the award winning MW20 and MW30. What we came up with was phenomenal guide system perfect for the saltwater anglers, especially the anglers throwing jigs, live bait, topwaters, swimming hardbaits, and soft plastic swimbaits. Designed to handle heavier mono and flourocarbon lines, the larger running guides help leader knots come through the guide train easier---basically the MW25 HAS IT ALL!!!

Giving anglers complete line control, and better casting distance; this the guide system you can't afford not to try!

For a picture of the MW25 Guide System, see this link:[www.rodbuilding.org]

More information about the MW25 Guide System can be found here:[www.americantackle.us]

Purchasing the MW25 Guide System is available here:[www.mudhole.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2020 10:52AM by Theron @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who has tried the American Tackle MicroWave 25 Guide System???
Posted by: Dean Veltman (---.cdn77.com)
Date: November 04, 2020 07:24PM

What size spinning reels do you recommend do you recommend this for compared to the size 20 microwave system? I am thinking of rebuilding a steelhead rod with these and pairing it up with a size 40 quantum reel.

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: November 04, 2020 10:42PM

Which MW system do you recommend for a 9’6, 6-10Lb steelhead rod? Thank you.

Posted by: Tony Boschi (---)
Date: November 05, 2020 03:49AM

I've recently started putting the 30/10 on a few of my new beach rods and I really need to upload some photos of the builds.

I was slightly apprehensive about using them at first. Dont get me wrong, all my inshore rods use the Microwave guides so I am quite familiar with the eyes and their performance but most beach rods use a 50 for the first guide, or a 30 at least. I purchased the 30/10 set and wrapped both a 12 and 14 foot rod.

I used an 8000 Penn Battle with 20lb Powerpro and a plain old Zara Spook when I tested the 12 foot rod behind my house in my canal. I put 120 yards of Powerpro on top of 20lb mono and into a brisk wind, I was able to easily cast the Spook 100 yards. With the wind, all 120 yards of Powerpro came off the reel and probably 50 yards of mono came off the reel as well. These were both totally effortless casts.

I'm always trying something different with all my build and I mix and match various eye combinations (like the first 3 eyes of a Microwave set and 7 CRB Nano Micro Guides on a 7' foot inshore rod, 11 eyes total with tip top) but this 30/10 set is something I cannot improve on.

I'll be interested in trying out the MW25 eyes on both an inshore and beach rod build.

Tony Boschi
Banana River Rods
Merritt Island, Florida
321~525~1063

* Rapid Prototyping Services
* Custom Beach Rods
* Custom Inshore Rods

[bananariverrods.com]

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: November 05, 2020 03:59PM

Hey all... great questions....

MW20 - 1000-4000
MW25 - 3000-5500
MW30 - 3500-6500

This is a good starting point... you can also look at the rod length and use and consider bumping up a size... for example- I use a CB78/10-20 with a 3000 reel, MW25 is perfect. On my LS76/12-25 with a 4000 I have chosen the MW30 with SF runners.

Please do not hesitate to call or email me with any questions related to MWG or anything rod building!

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2020 04:00PM by Don @ American Tackle.

Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---)
Date: November 07, 2020 01:21PM

Do you have a guide placement chart available?

Date: November 07, 2020 01:21PM

Do you have a guide placement chart available?

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: November 08, 2020 05:01PM

Let me add better information to my question about the 9’6”, 6-10lb., steelhead rod. I use a Daiwa 2510 reel on it. Thank you.

Date: November 09, 2020 08:48AM

Guide spacing recommendations come with every set of MW25 guides.

Kendall.... if you plan to use the rod in colder conditions I would use the MW25... if not the MW20 is a great choice.

Date: November 09, 2020 03:03PM

I bought my two sets a few years ago and do not remember a guide spacing chart . Do you have one on your website?

Date: November 10, 2020 10:18AM

Mel Shimizu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought my two sets a few years ago and do not
> remember a guide spacing chart . Do you have one
> on your website?

Send me an email and I will send it to you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster