I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NO Black guides at Mudhole
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 17, 2020 11:23AM

Yesterday while online at Mudhole I noticed when looking at the Fuji K series guides that Mudhole now has a memo that says the Fuji Black and Stainless Alconite guides are NO LONGER AVAI:LABLE. This I assume is an in-house decision to reduce inventory knowing what is coming down the road. Jim Ising has sid that they ordered sufficient inventory to go well into 2021 with black and now here they are saying not longer available.

Question is are all the suppliers going to dump black Fuji or is it really that the product is no longer available?? With thousands of rods out there with black guides that will at some point need a guide replaced this will mean that we will be using American Tackle or others to complete the repair or build new rods.....not a bad choice mind you.

Would like to hear the official reason if possible

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NO Black guides at Mudhole
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 17, 2020 12:36PM

The process to make the black coating is not environmentally friendly, according to Fuji. It will have to go sometime.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 17, 2020 12:37PM

The process to make the black coating is not environmentally friendly, according to Fuji. It will have to go sometime.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: October 17, 2020 06:28PM

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---)
Date: October 17, 2020 06:45PM

Black guides matter.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 17, 2020 07:38PM

Aren't the BC and CC series alconite just the same.....albeit in a matte finish?

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 17, 2020 09:16PM

Russell Brunt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aren't the BC and CC series alconite just the
> same.....albeit in a matte finish?

Russ the insert is the dame and you are right about the finish. If I was building a new rod it wouldn't matter. In fact I just built two this weekend with the CC guides and they look really good. However, I repair hundreds of rods a year and most of my clients have black fuji guides on them. Granted there are those who could care less about the color but I will always replace a guide with what is on it originally. When some of these guys bring me $400 Dobyns or G Loomis rods they want exactly what is on it, to include black or titanium, or whatever.

My intention of the original post is was is this a Mudhole decision or are all of the suppliers not selling black or stainless? And is Fuji still shipping black and Stainless and if so t what supplier?

Tom

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: October 18, 2020 07:58PM

Try The Rod Room.

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 19, 2020 10:38AM

As many builders have learned, Fuji discontinued their black and polished guide frames. Mud Hole had been actively trying to purchase as much inventory this past year to stretch out our supply as long as possible. Unfortunately we began to run into "out of stock" scenarios on individual guides in certain series and have not been able to confirm their availability moving forward. The uncertainty around being able to get additional stock led us to make the decision to pull down the remaining inventory as we cannot guarantee the ability to make full guide trains, nor could we guarantee that back orders would be fillable. This was obviously a HUGE deal for us...Mud Hole is undoubtedly the largest supplier of Fuji products in the U.S. so this decision was not taken lightly.

We are working towards packaging tour remaining guide inventory into full kits that will be available to purchase during our upcoming holiday sales campaigns. We are building up our stock of the new frame finishes to supply new builds moving forward, as well as the the American Tackle Snagless Delta guides and CRB will be offering a new alternative available in Black, Polished and Gunsmoke early 2021.

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster