I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AT Tsuka Handle System
Posted by: Ed Holloway (104.36.123.---)
Date: October 08, 2020 08:27AM

I've been seeing this new Tsuka handle system from AT online for a while now but I can't find anyone who is carrying it as of yet. From what I've read the actual handle and CF hoods are the G2s which have been out and I have been using for a while now. The only thing I can see that is actually new is the CF HSS reel seat. Someone in another post had mentioned he has used the reel seats and liked them??? Can someone shed light on what parts will be included in the kit and when they will be released to the public as I have some upcoming builds I would like to use them on. I have been using the CCT reel seats, specifically the Aero and Blade and really like them as do my customers.

AT Take Note: However, I have had some negative feedback on the G2 split handle system pertaining the the long length of the fighting butt. Many prefer a more traditional short fighting butt. As a builder most of my thread work on bass rods is added in the split area which being very narrow due to the longer fighting butt really cuts down on what I can do back there. A choice of the length of the fighting butt would be nice!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AT Tsuka Handle System
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 08, 2020 09:31AM

Good Morning Ed,

The Tsuka handle was introduced this year, and won the 2020 ICAST Best of Category award, as a 2021 New Product. This also includes the new HCC Reel Seat.

The G2 Handles are components that make up the Tsuka handle, and those are currently in stock; available in both casting and spinning models.

The CCT Aero and Blade Reel Seats are phenomenal reel seats and I personally have included on many of my builds, and have increased popularity among other American Tackle customers and American Tackle Rod Building ProStaff.

As for your note regarding the G2 Split Handles: the fighting butts can be cut down to fit your desired size.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 10:10AM by Theron @ American Tackle.

Date: October 08, 2020 10:46AM

What specific parts will be included with the kits (i.e. winding checks, butt cap, double tenon trim ring??)

Date: October 08, 2020 12:09PM

Ed,

Thank you for you reply. the following items will be included in the Tsuka handle kits:
-3K Carbon Foregrip
-3K HCC-ULH Reel Seat
-3K G2 Carbon Split Handles
-3K Handle Tube
-Aluminum Winding Checks
-Aluminum Seat Checks
-Butt Cap Assembly

Hope this helps answer your inquiry.

Date: October 08, 2020 12:12PM

Kevin,

The Tsuka handle is not officially released yet. This is a 2021 product and was introduced at the 2020 ICAST show. They will be released and available for purchase sometime in 2021.

Thanks,

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 08, 2020 09:41PM

NFC rear grips are considerably shorter.

Date: October 09, 2020 07:56AM

Spencer Phipps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NFC rear grips are considerably shorter.
I have also been using the NFC grips since they came out you are correct they are shorter---BUT problem is now I was told they no longer have the 3K. I made an order last week and was actually called to tell me this. The person that called was a female, her words were the 3K are no longer available---not sure if she meant what she said or they just didn't have any on stock-----Time will tell???

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: October 09, 2020 11:18AM

The NFC 3K is different from the AT 3K. The AT 3K is a match for the NFC 1K. I use the AT G2 matte 3K fore grip sleeve to match the NFC 1K IPS grip. Take a look a look at both and see what I mean.
Norm
PS - The AT G2 aluminum winding checks perfectly fit the NFC grips, which come with an EVA winding check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 11:23AM by Norman Miller.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster