I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fugi alconite guides
Posted by: Timothy Lang (---)
Date: October 07, 2020 03:45PM

Are Fugi alconite guides being discontinued - seems trying to order them from several suppliers they say they are no longer available for purchse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fugi alconite guides
Posted by: Kent Griffith (---)
Date: October 07, 2020 04:36PM

I doubt it. Alconite is a good material for guide eye or ring use and is widely used across Fuji line. I doubt if it is going anywhere any time soon.

The rod room:

ALCONITE is a masterful blend of economy and quality and the go-to choice on millions of custom and factory built rods each year. ALCONITE is a special type of ceramic that offers 80% greater compression strength and is 20% lighter than Aluminum Oxide. Diamond polished to superb smoothness, ALCONITE boasts super-low abrasion on any line type. When combined with the Concept frame the results are unparalleled....35% lighter and up to 50% stronger than competitive guides.

Get bit outdoors:

Fuji’s engineers thought long and hard on how to make a guide lighter and stronger yet keep the cost down. After years of research they came up with Alconite™, a special type of ceramic that offers strength, lightness, and durability. In fact Alconite™ offers 80% greater compression strength and is 20% lighter than Aluminum Oxide. Also, through Fuji’s Diamond Polishing, Alconite boasts a finish that is smoother than that of Hardloy. Fuji engineers were also able to make Alconite™ the thinnest and lightest ceramic ring available today; even 7% lighter than standard SiC Rings! When combined with the lightweight Concept frame the results are unparalleled ... 35% lighter and up to 50% stronger than ordinary guides.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 07, 2020 05:16PM

I think that some finishes/frame materials may be in the process of being discontinued, but I doubt if Alconite is going anywhere.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: October 07, 2020 05:51PM

I do think they are discontinuing the black frames with Alconite rings and maybe the silver frames also. I think Fuji is moving over to the corrosion control finish. But I haven’t not heard heard anything official.
Norm

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 07, 2020 06:23PM

You guys who "doubt it" - why don't you put up a $100 to back your opinions?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 08, 2020 12:48AM

Fuji said many months ago that the black finishing process is to environmentally damaging for future use.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: October 08, 2020 10:00AM

Surprisingly, the fishing rod guide business continues to produce discussion, disagreement, and new, improved models of guides at a steady pace. Minor changes and rebranding are probably good for business.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dthn.centurylink.net)
Date: October 08, 2020 02:09PM

ALCONITE® is not going anywhere. It remains the most popular mid-priced ring globally and can be found in all of Fuji's frames except Titanium which is reserved for SiC and TORZITE®.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.pools.cgn.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 08, 2020 04:03PM

Hopefully Fuji has come to their senses and is about to re-interduce an Alconite ring in a Titanium frame.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: October 08, 2020 07:44PM

What about the more recently released Fazlites?

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dthn.centurylink.net)
Date: October 15, 2020 10:36AM

FazLite™ is an intermediate ring Fuji has created for "economy" builds. It specs better than Aluminum Oxide in key characteristics but doesn't quite reach ALCONITE® standards. It's a "budget" ALCONITE in my opinion, a way to save a few bucks and still wind up with a great rod with plenty of durability. Together with Fuji's latest iteration of the CC, BC and GM corrosion control treated guides, a CC-Fazlite™ guide (or BC or GM) is a value-priced powerhouse and offers exceptionally long service even in saltwater.

Posted by: Timothy Lang (---)
Date: October 16, 2020 01:29PM

All - found another source for Fugi ALCONITE guides - The Rod Room, no issues getting them shipped out in very timely manner. Thanks for feedback - I just prefer the Fugi ALCONITE guides.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster