I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New G2 handle question
Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 21, 2020 01:38AM

I'm looking to try out the new G2 handles but I think I want a size 17 aero instead of a 16 as I have big hands. It appears these handles are built for 16 size aero seats. This rod will be an 8'6" mag taper lamiglas certified pro XSH 102 2 MT. I plan to use it for chucking spinners and twitching jogs for coho,maybe light beach duty for throwing swim baits to stripers. Any input would be greatly appreciated. For example how comfortable will this be for my pork chop fingers lol. Lots of casting involved with these techniques. Can I use a 17 in case that would make more for a more comfortable grip? Maybe an alternative to the aero? Those matte all black bushido handles are sweet and I can't wait to try them out! Thanks!

Robert

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New G2 handle question
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: September 21, 2020 09:37AM

Good Morning Robert,

The Aero 17 is definitely a larger handle and will probably fit your hands better. To combat what you're are talking about, take a piece foam handle and butt into the Aero 17, then cut it off equal to the back end of the seat. Use the casting model G2 handle since it is bigger diameter and it will work perfectly to have an equal transition from you Aero17 to your G2 handle. Essentially the foam will work to fill in the gap between your seat and handle.

Hope this helps, and if you have further questions regarding this inquiry; shoot me a message.

Posted by: Robert Church (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: September 21, 2020 10:14AM

I agree with Theron if I recall it's not that much of a difference but the foam should make it work.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 21, 2020 12:00PM

The 17 mm Aero does not have the same size pocket in the back as the 16 mm, it never has had, anyone's standard cork, EVA, graphite tube, graphite skin over foam core grip that fits the standard trigger casting seats will fit in the back pocket, it is 1.05 - 1.1" on the 17 mm., 0.93" I believe on the 16 mm. I have small hands and still use the 17 mm, fits my hand better, don't need weird sized grips to use them.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: September 21, 2020 06:44PM

This is why this is the best site on the web!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster