I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodGeeks Sturgeon Blank
Posted by: Trung Diep (---)
Date: September 18, 2020 05:46PM

Hello Everyone

I lived in Northen Cali. Fish the delta for sturgeon quite abit. I have use calstar, seeker and phenix. Use 4 to 10 oz. weight. Looking for a new set up that I can choose different blank color. Want something different. Came across RodGeeks Company. Has anyone use them for sturgeon build. If so what would be the ideal model? Xcomp or Musky line up?

Thanks

Trung

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2020 05:46PM by Trung Diep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodGeeks Sturgeon Blank
Posted by: Pat Majeski (198.153.255.---)
Date: September 19, 2020 04:16PM

Hi Trung,
I used to live in the SF Bay area and did a lot of sturgeon fishing on SF bay and built a lot of rods for friends to fish for those monsters. The favorite blanks were either the Calstar 270 or the 870. Maybe look at Rodgeeks saltwater boat rod series SWB70MF or SWB70MHF.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 19, 2020 05:19PM

My problem has always finding the soft tip needed to see the trout like take and the backbone to finish the fight, Billy V. at the NERB site designed and sells some of the blanks you may want to use. The good thing is the vast majority of sturgeon are green's the smaller of the two species.

Posted by: Robert Flowers (---)
Date: September 20, 2020 12:52AM

I emailed her, and he emailed this link. It sounds like it would be perfect for what you want. [ctsfishing.com] This isn't the most inexpensive rod out there, but it will last you a very long time. If you are interested, contact Herb by his email.

Tight lines and frisky fish

RJF

Posted by: Trung Diep (---)
Date: September 21, 2020 08:13PM

@ Pat

I thought about the saltwater series but looking for models that have smaller butt diameter and less blank weight.

@Spencer

The ones here in North Cali are white sturgeon. Occasionally you get greens .

@Robert

CTS model you mentioned doesn't come in 8 foot blank

Thanks Everyone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2020 08:15PM by Trung Diep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster