I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

pike spinning and casting blanks
Posted by: alan clarke (---.gn.gov.ie)
Date: September 17, 2020 06:43AM

Hi Guys.

I need some help in regards to pike spinning blanks. My question is which company sells the best as im finding it hard to find much online.
All info appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pike spinning and casting blanks
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 17, 2020 09:59AM

A blank doesn't care how you build it, just select a blank with the right characteristics for your circumstances and it will get the job done. Only you know those, if you need recommendations, storage restrictions (1 or 2 piece or length) , size of fish, lures used, etc. would help..
Many years ago, I built some rods a family needed that would always be in the cabin, the pike were on the smaller size as pike go, there were other species to also fish, and they wanted something light and handy so anyone could use them. I built them some St. Croix 3C66MHM crankbait blank spinning rods, they were perfect for their use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2020 10:03AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Dan Grulke (166.94.3.---)
Date: September 17, 2020 10:02AM

Depends on the lure range you will be throwing. Most med heavy to heavy blanks would work. You can look at inshore and flippin models as well. MHX, Rainshadow, rod geeks, and others have plenty to choose from. I have even used flippin blanks for lighter musky bait applications..

Thanks,
DG

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: September 18, 2020 11:58AM

I like a slightly slower action blank.
The Batson line of "Popping" blanks works well for me.
Like the REVIP-70M or MH, 7'
I have built both in a casting configuration, here is a link;
[www.schneidersrods.com]
Also, a little faster action in the RX8 graphite, IMMP76-M & MH, (71/2'), link;
[www.schneidersrods.com]
Throwing 3/8-1/2 oz lures, and sometimes up to 3/4 oz, using 10-14# fluorocarbon leaders
Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: September 18, 2020 12:03PM

i used to flip half the day using the SCroix II- telescopic flip stick and fished all night throwing a big musky size wooden creeper on the same flipping rod..i can,t do that anymore..lol.

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: September 18, 2020 12:16PM

ben belote Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i used to flip half the day using the SCroix II-
> telescopic flip stick and fished all night
> throwing a big musky size wooden creeper on the
> same flipping rod..i can,t do that anymore..lol.

that,s bass fishing..no musky here..lol..

Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 18, 2020 12:25PM

Try looking into the Bushido line of blanks from American Tackle. They are super nice and you should find a rod that will fit your needs.

Date: September 21, 2020 10:14AM

Hi guys.

Im a complete newbie to rod building lol.
I would like to get two piece rods , so if anyone knows where to get them please let me know.
Thanks for all the info , much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2020 10:23AM by alan clarke.

Date: September 21, 2020 10:24AM

Hi Spencer

Im looking for 2 piece blanks. Do you know where i can get them?

Regards
Alan.

Posted by: Robert Flowers (---)
Date: September 22, 2020 05:04PM

Angler's Workshop and RodGeeks (Batson) both have 2 piece blanks. The two piece blanks from RodGeeks ar primarily fiberglass, but with carbon fiber added to the handle and lower end to add power. Check out Mudhole, XTF, and Rainshadow as well. I quick online search for 2-pice rod blanks will give you many options.
Tight lines and frisky fish

RJF

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 23, 2020 01:58AM

Rod geeks never was Batson, it was St. Croix, but there can be confusing for a while because quite a few are getting some blanks built there, Lamiglas for one on some blanks. For a true two piece larger pike blank the is the Rainshadow SW967F saltwater blank, which I've called it my "everything" blank for a long time because it is so versatile in all the larger fish species. NFC I think still makes the two piece salmon backbouncing blanks, the blanks they made the first swim bait rods on. Back years ago, flying into pike and lakers we would build on the telescoping flipping sticks, this gave us only about a six foot, or so rod to transport. 7 1/2 ft. to fish. Till maybe 10 years ago there were lots of two piece medium and med hvy blanks. Rainshadow has a decent selection or 3 pc. travel blanks that would work in my situation in my first post. Lamiglas has brought back a 30 lb. class 2 pc. live bait rod blank they built two salmon rods on years ago, it's 7 1/2 ft. long. It's on sale now also. A salmon backbouncing and jiggingrod blank.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster