I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

70's Lamiglas guides?
Posted by: Brandon Giles (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 16, 2020 12:25AM

Looking for help in finding a similar or matching set of guides for my Lamiglas. If you need more pictures, please let me know!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 70's Lamiglas guides?
Posted by: Paul Darby (---)
Date: September 16, 2020 10:30AM

I got 11 sz.6 and 9 sz. 8 . Don 't know what sizes your looking for.

Date: September 18, 2020 01:23AM

I'm not even sure what brand I'm looking for.... I'm pretty new to this...

I was told these could be mildrum guides? I'm not sure though. I don't even know how many guides I need to put on this damn rod. 6? 7? 11?
Its 12.5' long. I wish I more knowledge on this.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: September 18, 2020 10:56AM

Why not use a modern set of guides, which will be superior to those shown?

Date: September 18, 2020 05:40PM

I guess I could, but I like the color scheme they have going on. I know about the GPS system for placement on spinning rods, but I don't know how to figure out placement on large conventional rods.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: September 18, 2020 08:53PM

Just ask, I’m sure the people here will help with you with the guide choices for a 12.5’ conventional surf rod. If you are happy with the way this rod casted with the old guides at the very least you could replace the old guides with new guides of the same size, but I think you could do better that that.
Norm

Posted by: Robert Flowers (---)
Date: September 19, 2020 07:05PM

How is this pole going to be used? What kind of fish, and how heavy? Is this a saltwater, or freshwater rod?

Tight lines and frisky fish

RJF

Date: September 19, 2020 11:27PM

Robert Flowers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is this pole going to be used? What kind of
> fish, and how heavy? Is this a saltwater, or
> freshwater rod?
>
> Tight lines and frisky fish
>
> RJF
This rod is gonna be used with a conventional Penn 140, in Salt mainly, and catching anything off the coast of Washington, so nothing too major.
The rod itself is pretty thick but it is fiberglass and I don't know their thicknesses that well.

If I need to take a picture with something for comparison to help size the rod, let me know... There are no weight markings, just the lamiglas logo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster