I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

G2 Adjustable Handle Giveaway
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: September 08, 2020 05:02PM

American Tackle would like to give two lucky custom rod builders a chance to win a G2 Adjustable Carbon Handle.

These handles feature:
-Full Carbon Construction
-Increased Sensitivity Transmission
-Available in 3K and Matte Black finish
-Hard Anodized Aluminum Trim
-Engraveable Button End Caps
-Designed to fit American Tackle's g@ Casting or Aero Spinning Reel Seats

To see this product, check-out this link: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Giveaway starts today and runs through Friday, September 11th. Winners will be announced at 5pm EST. To enter, email your entry to theron@americantackle.us

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2020 05:03PM by Theron @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: G2 Adjustable Handle Giveaway
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: September 11, 2020 05:02PM

Thank you to all who participated. The winners will be emailed, look for more opportunities in the near future.

Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: September 21, 2020 03:40PM

Hi Theron,
I got the handle today. It looks very good.
Thanks'
Gary

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2020 09:50PM

Hi Theron,

My handle came today as well. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

It'll probably be a couple months before I get to build with it, so I'll give some initial thoughts here, and I'll follow up with some additional thoughts and impressions when I get a chance to build it and fish it.

The model I got is a Bushido matte black adjustable full length casting handle with gloss black trim. I probably would not have chosen that finish for myself on my own, as all of my carbon fiber grips that I've used and fabricated have a 3K style weave, but I have to say that the matte black is growing on me every time I look at it. I think it will look really impressive on a colored blank. My next rod will likely be something dedicated to heavy cover or frogging, so I'm thinking possibly a MHX874 for the build in a fairly flashy color. This will be the perfect build for my first full rear grip on a rod longer than 5'6" in years.

As someone who fusses a great deal over rear grip length, I really like the idea of an adjustable length full grip system so I can trim it to fit my preferences. I'll be able to hit the mark that I want on the rear gip. The flares at the real seat and the butt of the grip compare pretty favorably to sizing and shaping of my preferred split grip dimensions. The fit and finish with the components of the system is superb, and the end cap hardware is really nice. It's simple well built and not overly flashy. I might finally have the hardware that will finally nudge me away from the trusty old mushroom cap mounted on a tenon.

My first builds were based on the Batson woven graphite fore gips used to create split grip rods, and my spinning TN handles were made with the straight woven graphite tubing. Since then I've sleeved my own grips. The G2 system is very much what I envisioned something like the original woven graphite parts morphing into over time, and carries a bit better retail price than I would have expected. The wall thickness of the G2 grips is a bit thinner than the older tubing, which helps keep the weight down.

I'm impressed and look forward to building with this set!

The only criticism I have for the G2 system so far is that all of the reel seats have very good looking blank exposed designs, but require a sleeve to be placed over the vast majority of blanks to use them. I get the idea, but prefer to use a seat directly mounted to the blank when possible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster