I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks North Fork Composites
Posted by: Justin Hires (---)
Date: August 22, 2020 04:15AM

I wanted to thank North Fork for their very timely fulfillment of my orders. I have made a few different orders this year, and the biggest order took less than three weeks. My latest order just came in and it took less than 10 days. I am very happy with the blanks too. Just wanted to put this out there. I have seen a lot of complaints about their shipping etc. I did a lot of research before I made my first order with them. Although there were plenty of bad comments, I also know most people will take the time to post what they consider a negative experience much more than posting positive experiences. I look forward to future dealings with them and any new future rod designs they add.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks North Fork Composites
Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---)
Date: August 22, 2020 12:23PM

Lucky you. My customer just cancelled 3 rods from me because blanks ordered on July 8th didn't arrive in a timely fashion. I cancelled my blank order on Monday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2020 12:23PM by Scott Hovanec.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: August 22, 2020 02:41PM

Any business concerned with quality customer service and their patrons should inform the purchaser if the delivery-time will take longer than 5 days at the time the order is placed; if nothing else, it is just plain common courtesy. The purchaser then has the option to either wait or cancel the order to avoid disgruntled customers of their own. Three weeks seems excessive to me but if known at the time the order is placed, at least an option is available. The worst case is when paying extra for 2-3 day delivery and not receiving the order for 7 days which has happened to me and the reason I quit ordering from a major vendor to the left. There are plenty of vendors (including to the left) which ship properly and promptly; they get my business, the others don’t.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2020 08:57PM

Justin buy a lottery ticket you got some really good luck.

Posted by: Paul Park (---.bcstcmtk03.res.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 23, 2020 01:21PM

I've had an overall positive experience with NFC. I know they don't keep all blanks stocked at all times and sometimes have to roll a new blank upon order. You can call them or email them to check their stock prior to ordering. They'll give you a call/email back after a while because they have to physically go to the storage to check the stock.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: August 23, 2020 03:17PM

My last two orders were on the porch in 4 than 5 days. Their business model doesn't allow for Utmost Ent. type deliveries times and I don't expect them, not the first company I had to wait for a blank from have waited for blanks from G Loomis, Lamiglas, St. Croix and GUSA, especially GUSA.

Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---)
Date: August 25, 2020 09:00PM

I've nothing but good things to say as well about NFC. I have been ordering xray blanks and they show up right away.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: August 27, 2020 10:28AM

My last few orders have been fulfilled within a day or two. If they have it in stock it ships quickly. Their customer service has improved significantly.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster