I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2021 International Rod Building Challenge
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: August 06, 2020 08:33AM

Okay guys and gals... here is the official release and rules for the 2021 International Rod Building Challenge.

2021 International Rod Building Challenge hosted by American Tackle puts the world’s best custom fishing rod crafters against each other to find out who is the top builder in the world.
Everyone will be starting with the same American Tackle mystery blank. You have to figure out the best way to utilize the blank in your style.

Completed rods will be judged at the International Custom Rod Builders Expo (ICRBE) in Winston Salem NC, USA on February 27th, 2021. Judges will be announced no later than 1 week before the Expo begins. All judges will judge all entries.

The mystery blank is purchased through American Tackle direct for $70 in the US and $90 international with shipping included. You may purchase up to 3 blanks at this time. Each additional blank is $50. A second order for AT components may be made directly with American Tackle after the blank is received. You will receive a considerable discount on the components.

· You must use at least 50% of the mystery blank provided
· Build the rod as you think it should be built
· Rods will be graded on overall appearance and functionality
· No social media posting of your work before the competition.

Points will be awarded in a 1-10 format on the following areas.
· Appearance
· Functionality
· Grips
· Guide Placement
· Guide Straightness
· Threadwork
· Finish Application
· Cleanliness
· Design
· Choice and flow of components
· Innovation
· Handle Design

Trophies will be awarded for places first, second and third. First place will also receive a $500 gift certificate from American Tackle.

For questions or to purchase blanks and components contact Don Morse at American Tackle 407-706-0321, ext. 1207

* If you are not able to attend ICRBE, rods can be shipped to AT -received no later than 2/1/21
** If ICRBE 2021 is cancelled, the competition will be held virtually. If this is the case, we will be asking for close up clear pictures and video of many areas of the rod so the judges can score the rod accordingly.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2021 International Rod Building Challenge
Posted by: Justin Kim (198.162.124.---)
Date: August 06, 2020 04:06PM

Thanks American Tackle for stepping up and hosting this event

I'll be participating for the first time.

Posted by: Michael Tuma (209.237.110.---)
Date: August 06, 2020 04:41PM

Is there any other way to sign up other than Facebook?

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: August 06, 2020 05:12PM

Michael Tuma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any other way to sign up other than
> Facebook?

Give me a call and I will sign you up

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 06, 2020 07:48PM

I thought the microwave challenge was good, can't wait to see these rods!
#americantackle #wavearmy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 07:49PM by John Keough.

Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2020 09:12PM

Exciting stuff! I may have to consider competing this year. Looking forward to seeing all the works of art.

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: August 17, 2020 10:46AM

Looking forward to testing my skills against the best in the world! Will also keep me out of my wife's hair for much of the winter...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster