I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle TSUKA-Takes ICAST "Best of Category" Award
Posted by: Theron @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: July 17, 2020 04:40PM

American Tackle Company has redefined fishing rod handles with its new TSUKA Handle, the complete carbon handle system. Hand crafted using advanced carbon materials to offer light weight, strength, and improved vibration transmission; the TSUKA Handle System is the ICAST 2020 Online Best of Show winner for "Fishing Accessory".

The TSUKA Handle features G2 carbon 3K grips, HCC-Hand Crafted Carbon 3K reel seat, mounted to a light weight 3K carbon handle-tube and appointed with custom fit aluminum trim package. Designed to allow fishing rods a light-weight ergonomic feel, with greater sensitivity and more durable longevity. American Tackle President Joe Meehan went on to say, “Rods have advanced with upgraded materials and resins; however, handle configurations have remained relatively traditional without too much technological improvement, but now we’ve created a complete handle worthy of the best fishing rods ever conceived.” In reaction to winning the 2020 ICAST Best Fishing Accessory award again, Joe went on to say “Our incredible team pulled it off again, despite abnormal conditions and we are incredibly proud of all the new products we are bringing to market so this year’s ICAST event seemed the perfect way to showcase them best.

The TSUKA handle and all of the new products being released this week from American Tackle will be available in 2021.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle TSUKA-Takes ICAST "Best of Category" Award
Posted by: sam fox (108.59.99.---)
Date: July 18, 2020 09:08AM

If you sit down and read the directions from the company and follow their directions to the letter, you will not have problems. That is if you also use proper application of the epoxy, this is accomplished with experience and is learned by finding which epoxy works best with your techniques and sticking with it.

Posted by: Douglas Respress (72.2.235.---)
Date: July 20, 2020 09:26AM

I have built a couple rods with this handle system. I also have a couple more builds coming up. The TSUKA carbon fiber handle system is the best on the market . The fill and sensitivity of these grips are amazing. They also add a nice clean look to your build.

Posted by: Robert Church (---)
Date: July 20, 2020 11:31AM

Having only seeing these online I can not comment on them. However, knowinthe quality of American Tackle products I am looking forward to using these on several builds. I am constantly impressed with the innovation of new products every year from American Tackle.

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: July 20, 2020 11:41AM

I can't wait for these to be available, they will be a great option to retro-fit an older rod, and will be the talk of the town when used in a new build! The hand-laid carbon fiber reel seat is spectacular!

Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 29, 2020 02:19AM

They look sweet!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster