I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide train and size for PB761MHF
Posted by: Keith Langford (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: July 01, 2020 09:00AM

Could someone give me a layout and guide size for a PB761MHF blank used for Pitching. It will be 60 120 180 Spiral Wrap.Or tell me how to do progressive spacing and figure guide size, Norman could I use the same size guides as my PB731 MXF rod. I went with 5KT & KB for the runners on that one Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide train and size for PB761MHF
Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: July 01, 2020 09:47AM

If you like the guide style and sizes used on your previous rod then use them again. Place the stripper about 20” in front of the reel. Place the first runner about 9 to 10 cm from the tip and progressively fill in with the other guides to get a good starting point. Static test and test cast to fine tune the spacing. I would use about 10 guides total on that rod and you could get by with 9 total with the spiral wrap.
Norm

Posted by: Keith Langford (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: July 01, 2020 12:16PM

Also forgot to state I will be using 20 lb braid with 14 lb fluro leader, will the KW 10 still work for this Norman, along with the KT & KB 5

Keith Langford

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: July 01, 2020 01:30PM

The KW10, or RV6, is the Fuji recommended stripper guide for a KR casting setup. Unlike a spinning setup, the line used is not as important for a casting setup These recommended strippers are at the right height above the blank for optimal performance. Use it as you did for you last build. You might be over thinking this, just get the guides placed as mentioned above and test. You should be just fine, and you’ll get a sense on how to layout a casting rod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster