I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji ACS reel seat install help.
Posted by: Scott Lawrence (118.208.26.---)
Date: June 18, 2020 04:11PM

Hi Guys, about to build first casing rod for my sons birthday. Have chosen to use fuji ACS reel seat and would like to get some advice before I commit to ordering parts.Think fuji calls these seats cored so they don't require arbors, please correct me if I am wrong.
Where the reel seat will sit the measurements are
Towards butt 10.95mm
Middle of seat 10.40mm
Towards tip 10.40mm
What size should I order? Was thinking a 16 x10. 50mm.
Also do you put epoxy on the area where seat sits and just slide on as normal and clean exposed blank area? Any install tips very welcomed.
Thanks Scott.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2020 04:21PM by Scott Lawrence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji ACS reel seat install help.
Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 04:20PM

You got It! Very easy seat to install. If it doesn’t go all the way down, you can ream slightly from the rear to get a good snug fit.
Norm

Posted by: Scott Lawrence (1.132.111.---)
Date: June 18, 2020 05:22PM

Thanks Norm, are paste epoxies OK to use or are you better with something that is a bit more fluid or runny?
Cheers Scott.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 05:56PM

Paste epoxy will work fine and will help fill the ridges in the reel seat for a good bond.
Norm

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 06:16PM

I clean the exposed blank area with a paper towel, tan one with DNA, than catch the fine edge where the reel seat meats the bare blank with a DNA soaked Q tip, otherwise I seem to always have a fine line of epoxy there.

Posted by: Scott Lawrence (1.128.104.---)
Date: June 18, 2020 11:30PM

Thank you for the advice gents.
Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster