I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

North Fork Composites Operating at Normal Capacity
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2020 01:55AM

Wondering if anyone knows if North Fork is running full speed or possible still dealing with virus mandates and partial shutdowns or perhaps they are trying to catch up. Anyways need some complete specs on a blank and if it is in stock. Cannot get in touch with them. No luck on the phone but not a lot of chances to call. Email going on four days now without a response.

Blank I am looking at is a FW 741-2 (HM). Looking for tip and butt diameter approx weight and some description of materials. Then the big question is if it is in stock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Fork Composites Operating at Normal Capacity
Posted by: Jason Bjerke (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 10:35AM

I’ve been waiting on a couple blanks and a bunch of their carbon fiber handles for almost 2 months. I’ve heard they can be painfully slow.

Posted by: benjie bates (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: June 18, 2020 11:47AM

i ordered 2 of the neo blanks back a while back, i was surprised with how fast i got them. i feel like it was only a few weeks. Packaging was also improved, happy with the blanks

Posted by: Trevor Esparza (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: June 18, 2020 12:56PM

I think they're just a small company. I read somewhere they have about 15 people working there and are producing something like 750 blanks a week and 200 rods a week. I can't vouch for those numbers but that's quite a bit when you consider they make rifle barrels, golf club shafts, and now carbon scopes. Again that's what I've read. I purchased a few sets of their grips last week and received them the same week. I've also had really good luck with email communication. Never waiting more than a business day to get a response. Never have been able to get anyone on the phone.

Granted none of that justifies poor communication. Id reach out again and just ask for an update

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 18, 2020 06:06PM

In the last 4 months I have experienced very good and quick service , with fly rod blanks shipping within a week.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 06:09PM

All the info you want is on the site, find the model, than select the "+" sign to the left. I got my last order in 4 days, including 10 sets of the new grips.
They're up to almost 30 employees if I remember right, production is also up, their Facebook site has some good info on blanks available and ready to ship, the grip sale going on etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2020 06:18PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: David Baylor (---)
Date: June 18, 2020 06:48PM

Spencer, after reading your post I went to their Facebook page. Can you share where you found the information about the blanks that are available and ready to ship? I'm not really a Facebook person, and despite clicking pretty much every link on the page, I can't find any such information.

Not saying it doesn't exist. I just can't find it. lol Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 19, 2020 04:28AM

Spencer I know how their website works. You click on the plus or the model number of this particular blank the next info that opens does not contain a tip or butt size. Kinda important info. Last blank I ordered from them was supposed to be available it 4 to 6 weeks. I cancelled the order after 16 weeks and not hearing a thing from them. I then had to file a paypal dispute to get their attention to refund my money.

I gave them a chance only because they offer something no one else does and the one blank I did get from them is probable one of the best I have ever fished. But still no response. They don't answer facebook messenger either. I guess they are making enough money that they can afford to ignore some potential customers. I thought they were just going through growing pains as a new business. Looking like this will be how they are going to run things day to day. Either they are totally on top of things and take care of people great or your left out in the cold, no in between. I don't like playing the lottery when it comes to how a company is going to help me.

Will look elsewhere for a similar blank . $100 plus blank sale ain't worth a minute to answer an email I guess.

Posted by: Bryan Ion (---.16-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: June 20, 2020 02:48PM

I have sent North Fork a few emails as when trying to checkout and pay the website wont allow me to add shipping to the UK. If anyone from North Fork is reading this then please can you help.

Posted by: Mariusz Kowalik (---.24.104.29.ipv4.supernova.orange.pl)
Date: June 21, 2020 02:43PM

That's ridiculous how they operate.
I've ordered 2 X-Ray SJ-703 and received 2 rod blanks labeled as X-Ray SJ-703 but their weight is 2,0 oz. (tip size 6, butt 0,56)...
So I asked NFC for a few times for replacement starting a few weeks ago. No response and any proposal from them till now :(
I have to ask my bank to start dispute and chargeback procedure finally.

Posted by: Dean Veltman (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: June 22, 2020 07:17PM

My SJ 703 Xray is 1.455 oz. My MB 733 is 1.9 oz. That makes my X-ray set almost complete. I am not planning on getting the MB 7109 though.

Posted by: Johnny Apel (---.lightspeed.austtx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 25, 2020 12:20PM

I have experienced both good and bad. I placed an order on the 1st of June for two blanks and it’s been complete radio silence, no emails, no return call on an inquiry, nada. Then I placed an order on the 15th and I got both items in hand. The blank I have in hand is really spectacular so I guess I’ll take the good with the bad.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 26, 2020 12:32PM

Their products are superb, their communications leave a lot to be desired! Seems to be sporadic, sometimes good, other times really lacking!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster