I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What is Considered Accptable Straightness of Blank
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 01:56AM

Just cannot win it seems. Ordered a rainshadow blank. Got the wrong blank in the right package. Sent it back. got the correct blank. SOB is this crooked. Has two changes of direction the upper about two feet. If I roll it on a table blank goes from touching at the tip to nearly 3/8s of an inch off the table. When the tip touches about a foot down I got a section about a foot long that is nearly an 1/8" of the table for a bout a foot. I have had slight bends but nothing like this. Guess this one goes back too. Did not want to but looks like I am going to have to break down and spend some serious money for a blank. Being frugal is not getting me anywhere. The blank is also a pig weight wise for being an ultra light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is Considered Accptable Straightness of Blank
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 12, 2020 09:04AM

What you describe, in my opinion, and I expect in Rainshadow's opinion, is not acceptable. If you can discern a definite change in direction, it is not right. I don't know what is considered acceptable if it's just a lack of being straight along the whole length, but I've only had one blank in very many that had that condition to the point that I complained. If you can set it up (don't worry about the spine) so that you don't notice it, it's OK. If you cannot, it's not OK. That's how I think about it. I've built on a lot of Rainshadow blanks from RX6 through the top of the line and have never encountered your problem. Contact Rainshadow. You don't have to spend big money to get a straight blank.

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.26.18.98.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 12, 2020 10:50AM

I've used many Rainshadow products and only had two issues, both were quickly corrected by contacting the company. Give them a chance and I truly believe they will correct any issue.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 10:58AM

Hi Michael,
Contact our warranty department at 360-912-6057 or email warranty@batsonenterprises.com - they will take care of you. Unfortunately a few may slip through the many of 1000's of blanks we sell a year.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster