I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lightest, highest quality on the market.
Posted by: Arthur Lin (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: May 29, 2020 09:32AM

We waited to put these on the market, we did not just want another carbon fiber grip. We wanted the highest quality grip made and we think we have succeeded. They are noticeably lighter than the other carbon fiber grips on the market and we are also offering 25% off just to try them. [rodbuilderswarehouse.com]

American Rodbuilders Warehouse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lightest, highest quality on the market.
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 31, 2020 08:21AM

What is the weight of a size 17 spin seat? no 17? Then what is the weight of a 16? thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2020 08:48AM by Michael Danek.

Posted by: Mark Dining (---)
Date: May 31, 2020 11:18AM

Would these match up with an Alps MVT casting reel seat?

Date: May 31, 2020 12:00PM

Hi Mark,

Not quite sure about Alps MVT, almost certain but can not guarantee. Here are all the seats we carry along with the dimensions that you can match up against that seat.
Fits Seaguide reel seat SAS size16, XZS size16, XCZS size16, PLS size17, XCSS size16&17, XDPS size20, XMS size16, XCMS size16, XCIS size16, ECS size16, TCS size16,17&18.

Fits all reel seats with 27mm or 1.08" O/D.

Date: May 31, 2020 12:06PM

Hi Michael,

Not quite sure which spinning seat you were referring to? We carry 9 different models of spinning which have several hood/nut configurations, several of which are in sizes 16 and 17. If you have a specific seat in mind please let me know and we will be happy to get you that information.

Posted by: Mark Dining (---)
Date: May 31, 2020 12:31PM

Hi Arthur,
The OD is .04 mm bigger than perfect. I think I can live with that. I will consider one of the Seaguide seats, as well.
Thank you

Date: June 01, 2020 08:10AM

CSS size 16. Does it come in a 17? thanks, Mike

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 03, 2020 12:58PM

I have weighed some reel seats I have on hand - maybe not the type or style you sell. Could you supply the weight of a couple of styles and sizes of your reel seats to help me make an informed purchase?

Date: June 04, 2020 02:51PM

Sorry for any confusion I created. Just trying to make the point of how extremely light these GRIPS it had nothing to do with any SEAT weights at all. I was asked if a particular seat fit the grips that were the topic and I did not know but pointed out which seats fit and directed him to the drawing to fit others.

So to answer the questions, combined grips weight, rear grip and fighting butt, 20 grams and these include full length arbors pre-glued into grips. Rear grip was 11 grams with arbor, fighting but was 9 grams with arbor. Quickly weighed a variety of seats and the lightest SEAT was split seat at about 17.5 grams, most of SeaGuide seats weigh in about 25+- grams depending on seat and selected hood configuration with single, double,hidden, or double locking hidden. Sure hope that helps.

Date: June 07, 2020 08:14AM

thank you, but for clarification does the css 16/ccs 16 seat weight about 17.5 or about 25?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster