I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Daiwa AGS Guide
Posted by: Ben Eipert (---.natcky.res.rr.com)
Date: May 27, 2020 03:24PM

I am trying to get a replacement guide. It is the carbon fiber framed guides on the Daiwa AGS rods (https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/rods/tatula_elite/index.html). Does anyone know where I could find these? I am not turning them up at my usual sources.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daiwa AGS Guide
Posted by: Jason Gofron (---)
Date: May 27, 2020 05:04PM

Only available from daiwa it’s exclusive to them. However daiwa also just let st croix use the guide so they may offer it

Posted by: Ben Eipert (---)
Date: May 28, 2020 12:00PM

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info!

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: May 29, 2020 07:34PM

Check on your warranty if you haven't already.

Posted by: Chuck Brezen (70.97.209.---)
Date: June 29, 2020 07:29PM

Hey Ben,

Did you have any luck sourcing those CF guides? Just had a buddy ask me to replace 2 that are damaged as well. If you did, can you let me know please? Your email is private or I would have contacted you directly. Thanks for any information!

Chuck

><))))">….><))))">….><))))">….Just Fish

Prior Lake Rod Building Guild
Instagram @pl_rod_building_guild

Posted by: Chuck Brezen (70.97.209.---)
Date: June 30, 2020 08:57AM

Ben Eipert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am trying to get a replacement guide. It is the
> carbon fiber framed guides on the Daiwa AGS rods
> (https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/rods/tatula_eli
> te/index.html). Does anyone know where I could
> find these? I am not turning them up at my usual
> sources.
>
> Thanks in advance

Just wondering if there has been any luck on sourcing these? I have been following the thread for sometime and there has been nothing posted for awhile. I have a buddy who has 3 bad guides that need to be replaced. I realize St Croix is also using them but would guess they won’t share either. I guess my question here is should I refer him back to Diawa for service or try to find something to repair it. If there is an appropriate guide match, what would you recommend? They are all black running guides. Thanks for any help!

Chuck

><))))">….><))))">….><))))">….Just Fish

Prior Lake Rod Building Guild
Instagram @pl_rod_building_guild

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster