I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Favorite Reel Seat & Handle for Live Bait/Popping Inshore
Posted by: Lin Amann (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: April 26, 2020 07:01PM

Hey Everyone!

Quick question.... what is your favorite reel seat/handle to build with when the application is chunking live bait and popping corks.

Alternatively, what do you like to use when building a light lure/topwater rod?

Interested to see what everyone's go-to is.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite Reel Seat & Handle for Live Bait/Popping Inshore
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 26, 2020 07:55PM

My "go to" is the Fuji DNPS or it's clones from other companies in 18 and 20 mm sizes, doesn't really matter what kind or size of spinning rod. Fishing comfort is my first priority.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (---.consolidated.net)
Date: April 27, 2020 07:00AM

Don't know about your specific applications, but for spinning rods, I like an Alps plate type seat wrapped on a 0.98” carbon fiber tube. For casting rods, a Fuji PTS seat.

Posted by: Jason Franqui (---)
Date: April 27, 2020 09:38AM

For a spinning setup Aero seat with eva, but I am really starting to like fishing with cork.

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2020 05:44PM

I second the American Tackle Aero, it is just so comfortable in the hands and is an all day fish. It is also available in the new CCT for extra sensitivity.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: April 29, 2020 01:24PM

Ditto, the use of the American Tackle Aero.

For a simple to install, a very nice looking and an extremely long term comfortable reel seat and grip - it is tough to beat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster