I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow RX6 Inshore Blanks
Posted by: Lin Amann (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: April 21, 2020 05:03PM

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well during these quarantining times!

Just wanted to see if anyone regularly builds on this blank. I can find lots of info on the RX7 and Revelation blanks but not much info on the RX6.

I'm needing to find a good universal rod blank for light inshore fishing (Popping Cork/Live Bait/Small swimbaits).

Couple questions that I have.

-Can you tell me how sensitive this rod is? Assuming the durability won't be a problem since its a standard modulus blank. How is the lifting power and butt strength?

-What other rod blanks are comparable to this? Does this blank compare to the CRB blank on Mudhole? Or something different?

-How much more sensitive are the RX7/Revelation Inshore blanks?

Looking for a budget friendly option for friends and customers ... thus why I'm not considering the RX7 and Revelation series.

Also looking for the following specs in a rod blank: Moderate Fast Action / Soft Tip

Hope to hear back with some great opinions and maybe recommendations of other rod blanks that are close in comparison!

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 05:10PM by Lin Amann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow RX6 Inshore Blanks
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 21, 2020 05:25PM

Lin,
Have you looked at the RX7 inshore blanks on sale at Schneider's to the left? Can't beat the price, and they make sweet rods. Look in the Hot Specials section.

Posted by: Lin Amann (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: April 21, 2020 06:08PM

Yessir ... I've used the RX7 and Revelation series blanks ... they are great.

But I was just looking for some info/opinions on the RX6 rods since I have yet to build on those.

Also looking for a more static/consistent price for a blank. (Really don't want to rely on blanks going on sale in order for it to make sense)

Thanks!

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: April 21, 2020 08:15PM

Lin,
The RX6 blanks are fine, but I estimate that they are about 1/3rd less "good" than the RX7's if you have a way to measure them.

Take care

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 21, 2020 10:20PM

I have built some fly, steelhead, and popping rod blanks, they are a good blank for the price. The difference between them and the RX7 blanks are similar to the step to RX8 blanks from RX7. The RX6 popping blanks, the SP series are pretty popular wading rod blanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 12:06AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Casey Rendall (---)
Date: April 22, 2020 07:25PM

I have a Rx6 medium 7ft, and a RX7 Light 7ft and revelation ML all inshore popping. I’d recommend the Revelation because I liked the faster tip on the 6-12lb rod I use for inshore and also making a great Ned rig for my dad. I put the Rx6 strictly on popping cork duties now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster