I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Delta LMX Feedback
Posted by: Jay Burns (---)
Date: April 05, 2020 03:59PM

Quick question guys, I am considering the NFC Delta MB 705 (Delta LMX) - building for the primary purpose of throwing spinnerbaits (3/8ounce) and the occasional jerkbait for river smallmouth. My question is not having seen or used the Delta blanks, what kind of feedback would you give on this model for this type of presentation. Hard to pass up for $50, and figured it was worth a look. I was also planning to trim this blank down a few inches as well. This is glass blend blank as well I believe, how fast is the action? Would it recover enough for jerkbaits, if not it will be a spinnerbait only rod. No worries I can just build another hahaha. Looking for feedback on this model specifically.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Delta LMX Feedback
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 05, 2020 04:42PM

"Glass" does not have an action. You can build any action into any blank, regardless of what it is made from.

Beyond that, I'm not familiar with what NFC describes as their 5 power blanks.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 05, 2020 06:44PM

Try the search function, posts concerning blanks in that model number in other graphite are also just a few posts down on the page.

Posted by: Jason Haney (---.mountainresearch.com)
Date: April 06, 2020 12:33PM

I have the Delta 705 in my wrapper right now. Personal preferences differ greatly, but I think it's far more suited for Texas rigs/jigs/1/2-3/4 oz. spinnerbaits. Seems awfully stiff for a jerkbait.

Posted by: Doug Schreiber (---)
Date: April 06, 2020 05:10PM

I have built quite a few rod on the Delta blanks and I don't think they are glass, pretty sure all carbon. That blank might be a little stout for jerk baits and a 3/8oz spinnerbait. Maybe look at the HR blanks and trim one of them.

See you on the water, Doug
Captain Paddlefoot

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (50.35.82.---)
Date: April 07, 2020 09:00AM

Jay,

The only “glass” blanks/blend that are in the delta line are the HYB blanks.

Delta blanks are a carbon blend - some of the models have 104 glass scrim (kind of like a backing material on top of carbon to keep it together).

Best Regards,
Aleks

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2020 08:50AM

Wonder which models the Kistler Feel N Reels are using.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster