I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Skill
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: April 04, 2020 03:38PM

Find the fishing rod fabric that you like and sew yourself and the rest of your family and friends - face masks when out and about in these troubled days.

If you have wrapping skills, you will be at ease in front of a sewing machine making masks.

Don't let your skilled hands go to wast in this time of need.

Your fishing rods will also be cushioned by the rod socks that you can make after getting the face masks made.

Best wishes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Skill
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: April 04, 2020 06:16PM

Fishing rod fabric? I have never used fabric, or don't remember if I did. Please elaborate. I've read some fabrics are better than others, but didn't get which are better. Although common sense would lead one to tighter fabrics, IMO. I saw a thing on FB today that showed a clever way of using rubber bands and a folded hankie to make what looked like a comfortable and fairly effective (for the bigger stuff, of course, not N95) mask.

Re: New Skill
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: April 04, 2020 06:24PM

When I use the words, "fishing rod fabric," I am using printed cotton fabric and preferably flannel cotten fabric with a fishing rod scene printed on the fabric that you use to construct the cloth face mask for protection in these times.

However, it will also have an additional use - if you do sanding on grips on a lathe. Use the face mask to cover your nose and mouth when doing the sanding to keep the sanding dirt and dust out of your mouth and nose.

Here is a source for plans and construction suggestions:

[www.instructables.com]

p.s.
You can also use the mask when out fishing in the hot summer sun to protect your face from wind and sun burn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster