I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NORTH FORK COMPOSITES OPEN AND SHIPPING
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (50.35.82.---)
Date: March 28, 2020 09:58PM

Dear Rod Builders,

North Fork Composites is open and we are continuing to ship. Our lobby and factory tours are closed for the time being.

We have soft touch grips, the new NEO blank, Original Glass blanks in stock - and we hope that you consider us for your next rod build.

For support and order questions - please email info@northforkcomposites.com

Thank you,
Alex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NORTH FORK COMPOSITES OPEN AND SHIPPING
Posted by: David Baylor (---)
Date: March 29, 2020 08:39AM

The new NEO blank? I haven't heard of this yet. Aleks, what exactly does NEO mean? Definitely peaked my interest.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (---.sub-174-216-17.myvzw.com)
Date: March 29, 2020 01:37PM

David,

Here is the NEO link, it has more information.

In short, it’s a medium heavy that we added last week that will take a lot of abuse like high sticking and boat flipping and do that “forever” it is arguably one of the most durable and yet all-purpose sticks we have made.

[northforkcomposites.com]

Posted by: Mike Corn (---.sub-174-250-144.myvzw.com)
Date: March 29, 2020 05:32PM

Aleks,

Thank you for posting. The NEO and SJ703 are both interesting.

Side question...what is the current lead time on an X-Ray blank order with all that is going on?

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (---.sub-174-216-17.myvzw.com)
Date: March 29, 2020 05:47PM

Mike,

NEOs, X-ray blanks are in stock, I would estimate a couple of days from order to shipment (and that is dependent on FedEx pickup) with all that is happening. Feel free to shoot info@northforkcomposites.com an email for a specific model - that’s monitored 24/7.

Best,
Aleks

Posted by: David Baylor (---)
Date: March 30, 2020 07:40AM

Aleks, thank you very much for the response, and link. That's a blank that I am sure will receive a lot of interest from bass tournament anglers. I know a few guys that would put the claim of it not breaking if it's high sticked, to the ultimate test. lol

Thanks again.

Posted by: Robert Dittert III (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 31, 2020 06:10PM

Recently place an order to check out the newly released SJ703 blank. I'm currently building a LMX P-703 & P-704 and really like how those blanks feel in the hand. Look forward to checking out this X-Ray blank and see how they feel (first X-Ray blank).

Stay safe out there everyone. This CV-19 really @#$%& for our country and the world. Godspeed.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (50.35.82.---)
Date: April 04, 2020 12:24PM

Thank you Robert.

Best,
Aleks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster