I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for G Loomis HSR 1025C blank equivalent
Posted by: Morgan Hoburg (104.143.92.---)
Date: March 19, 2020 04:10PM

Hi there, I’m looking for a blank that is the closest to the rod listed:

G Loomis HSR 1025C 8’6” MAG HEAVY FAST ACTION 15-30lb 1-6oz

These have been my favorite rods for years until one got broken and my final, absolutely favorite got dropped into the Pacific while attempting to put the rod in a downrigger before birds grabbed the herring. I’m looking for blanks of any manufacturer that can get close to the same performance, I think it’s the perfect rod for Nor Cal fishing and has done well from salmon to albacore and even sturgeon. Loomis changed everything and have been less than helpful, a major disappointment considering how they used to be. I cleaned my bench and refreshed my supplies thinking I could simply order more blanks but a lot has changed in the 12 years since i built a rod. Can anyone help me? I will gladly pay for the help if required, I miss my favorite rod!
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for G Loomis HSR 1025C blank equivalent
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: March 19, 2020 10:26PM

Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2020 01:48AM

Try emailing North fork composites, they may have a current equivalent.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: March 20, 2020 02:34AM

The NFC HS885 has the right lure rating, and a line rating listed a bit higher. I have a couple Rogue blanks left with the same ratings as the 1025 that I bought many years ago when G Loomis quit selling blanks and sold quite a few as replacements, the Rogue HS 868, the 1025 was no longer being made before the closure happened by maybe 5 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 10:20AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: March 20, 2020 02:39AM

Spencer,
Happy that you mentioned Rogue blanks.

I still have several of the rods made on their blanks. Really top quality and very good blanks.

It is too bad that they are no longer in business.

I checked a while back and it appears that some sort of lumber company is currently using the former Rogue Blank manufacturing plant.

Posted by: Morgan Hoburg (173.239.198.---)
Date: March 20, 2020 12:44PM

Many thanks for the replies! Mr. Phipps would you be willing to sell me any of those1025 blanks?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: March 20, 2020 06:25PM

I have Rogue 868 blanks, listed with same line and lure rating as the 1025, the Loomis 1025 blank/ rod hasn't been sold since sometime around 2005. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 11:13AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (50.35.82.---)
Date: March 21, 2020 05:09PM

Spencer is right,

[northforkcomposites.com]

That's the link to the blank -

The reason for the higher line rating is two fold. Most folks are using braid, and its hard to compare the mono rating from years ago, and materials have gotten much better, which allows for the same pattern to put up with more abuse.

Best,
Alex

Posted by: Morgan Hoburg (104.143.92.---)
Date: March 21, 2020 06:06PM

Sincere thanks everyone, I’ll let you know how it works out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster