I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

GetBit
Posted by: Jay Burns (---)
Date: March 13, 2020 07:05PM

Has anyone else had issues with GetBit, specifically with missing pieces of an order or simply not getting any replies from emails. Not meant to diminish the business, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had the same recent experiences. Not getting a reply after more than a few attempts is a bit troubling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GetBit
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: March 13, 2020 07:15PM

I've had a small, frustrating problem recently. Was rectified after much communication.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---)
Date: March 13, 2020 08:24PM

They will make things right. But may take a few attempts and have to talk with multiple people. Email was the least effective line of communication for me. Call them repeatly and ask for the same person each time

Posted by: David Janes (---)
Date: March 13, 2020 09:24PM

I’ve never had a problem, and their customer service has always been great.

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2020 10:39PM

Yeah I gave up just didnt know if it was an isolated issue.

Posted by: Chris Morilla (---)
Date: March 14, 2020 01:50AM

Had a couple issues with back ordered items and no response to emails. Called and got everything worked out. Sometimes it’s best to just pick up the phone.

Posted by: Jay Burns (---)
Date: March 14, 2020 10:51AM

Yeah just thought it was odd they opened a customer service ticket and then just closed it. Oh well they can keep the couple dollars, ordered elsewhere to fill my order.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: March 14, 2020 04:37PM

I've been very pleased with every thing from orders to personal service. I spread my purchases' around for non-specific items from the list of sponsors.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: March 14, 2020 05:43PM

I had one time where some backorder items never got to me and I was never charged for them,and several emails and nothing. Was no big deal,I just ordered from another company,but will order from GetBit again in the future.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: March 14, 2020 06:38PM

The new website has some issues. Fuji WCS checks come in 2 sizes, 16 and 17 (I.D. optional). Instead of providing a size choice they offer a color choice when they only come in black. 4 phone calls and 4 customer service e-mails till I got the correct one. Fuji guides are also listed in unusual categories. I think highly of Kevin, but straightening out the site would help all, himself included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:00PM by Lynn Behler.

Posted by: John Cates (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2020 03:52PM

I have no doubt Kevin will always make it right. I don't know anything about your specific issues, but Kevin is a stand up guy and won't let you down, in my experience. No body is perfect and we all make mistakes, its human. I am sure patience is appreciated all around.

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.21.89.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 17, 2020 08:35AM

Any issue I've had was cleared up with a single phone call.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster